Charging a weapon at a "Place of Power"

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

I’m trying to do this for my Tempest “Machined Warhorn” to make the North Wind. I’ve tried 2 different places of power in VB and neither does anything. I have not charged quartz at one of these in months. I’ve tried researching it, and saw it was bugged for awhile but it seems like that is fixed.

All the wiki says is “Charging this item at any place of power in the Heart of Maguuma will produce Charged Warhorn Horn.”

Is there anything else I need to do besides show up with the oiled horn? I brought some charged quartz crystals with me in case it needed them but that didn’t help.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is it possible that the Oiled version is inside an invisible bag? I don’t remember if Places of Power respect ‘invisibility’ or not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Make sure you don’t have any quartz crystals in your bag. That can sometimes interfere with it.

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

Thank you for the help, but the oiled horn is indeed in a normal bag and I tried with and w/o charged quartz crystals thinking that might be needed to “charge” it, even though the wiki hadn’t mentioned needing anything else. I have bug reported it and submitted a ticket with SS. I hope they can help.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Other possibilities:

• Did you acquire a plated warhorn, required to unlock the collection?
  • Is it possible you already completed that part of the achievement earlier? AFAIK, you can only charge one warhorn (which is fine, since you don’t need a second).

I realize these you probably have already done this; I only suggest them because sometimes we overlook the obvious and it’s easy to double-check.

Support should be able to help you, so it’s good that you’ve submitted a ticket to them.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Make sure you don’t carry Quartz Crystals with you. I understand you said you tried with and without Charged Quartz Crystals. There was a issue with having Quartz Crystals with you; I’m not sure if it was fixed, or not.

Also, if you show a screenshot of the item(s) you are trying to charge, and the Collection (or anything else pertinent), it may be helpful.

Good luck.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good idea about the screenshot. I can’t tell you how many times that’s helped troubleshoot. (Or, in my case, as soon as I went to take a screenshot before posting a question, I realized my mistake.)

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

There is another possible source of problem. The superior rune of scavenging.

If you ever try the treasure hunter collection for real, you will come to this rune more than once. There are a few collectibles which are aquired by charging superior runes of scavenging at certain places of power (normally it should work only at one spot per item).

The places of power always look a bit like a cheap copy/paste job, so probably … they used one of the special places of power source-code for the ones in maguuma. Would make sense, as these are also designed to create quatz and 1 different item.

So if you want to give it another try, remove any runes of scavenging out of your inventory. I hope I’m wrong.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Another possibility — one I’ve seen trip others up before — is that you are trying to charge at a communing mastery point. This will not work. You need a communing Hero Point. The easiest one imo is ne of the Pact Camp WP in VB — glide down to the flat area with the beetles and hop into the wallows for a quick port to an aggro-free HP commune.