Cheapest crafting profession?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ShadowBlaze.2573

ShadowBlaze.2573

I’m looking to level my character via crafting. Any cheap crafting profession to suggest?

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Artificer. theres a guide in the crafting section to level artificer using potions, you can level it to 400 for less than 1g

(edited by Safari.3021)

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

The lower levels of jewelcrafting are really easy to level. There is a stumbling block once you hit tier 3 though (Gold) as gold is scarce/expensive. This is true for a lot of professions though, due to gold and seasoned wood being hard to come by.

Cooking is relatively cheap to level if you have a bunch of karma and time you’re willing to invest. A lot of the ingredients are cheap on the TP, and those that aren’t can be farmed with little effort. (The exception being Vanilla beans)

Most of the others are pretty much the same across the board, as they all use more or less the same materials. I would stay away from Artificer (it’s more expensive because of its high wood use, and wood has gotten really pricey recently)

Protip: Don’t craft the first tier intermittent items. Buy them. Things like Bronze helmet paddings and copper hooks/settings. They’re on the TP for about 1/4th to 1/10th of the price of gaining the raw materials and crafting them yourself.

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Artificer. By FAR…

I did this from 0 to 375 and it costed me less than 2 gold.
Some remarks…
1. Buy theDust that you need with buy orders on TP ith just 1c higher than the next buyer, the order will fill in fast.
2. Sell everything to a merchant.
3. The items indicated with ** scale up per level. For example, you will need all 6 types of piles of dust for this guide.

0, 75, 150, 225, 300:
Tuning Crystals: 6x Piles of Dust**.

25, 100, 175, 250, 325
Potions of Centaur Slaying: 1xJug of Water, 1xCarrot, 1xLeather Section** & 1xPile of Dust**.

50, 125, 200, 275, 350:
Potions of Ogre Slaying, it requires 1xJug of Water, 1xSage, 1xPile of Dust**, 1xLeather Section**.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

cook took me 60 silver to get to 400 on a brand new character. Admittedly I did go get some karma items that required me to trek into higher level zones. But I dont think I spent over 5000 karma. Which is literally doing a single daily.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Jeweller for me, all of the needed materials are easy to come by and the only thing I needed to buy levelling it from 0-400 was a few bits of copper ore. Cook and Artificar were also pretty cheap

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara