Class Decision

Class Decision

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Antalore.4206

Antalore.4206

Hey everybody,

So, i’m leveling my ranger asap to 80.(gonna be my first one).
And i want to level another character to 80 so i won’t get bored with only one class, to have more variety.

After testing few classes i’m thinking about creating either an engineer or a guardian.
I played a little bit an engi and he was fun to play and i love the fact that you have a lot of kits and a lot of things to do while in combat.
On the other hand, i never tried the guardian and after watching some streams he seems to be fun and very strong as well.

I need a recommendation for which class should i open, which one goes better at dungeons, WvW, PvP and i would like to have a recommendation for a race because i’m tired of creating a human all the time :P

Thanks in advance, have a good weekend.

Class Decision

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

i recommend taking math class

it may or may not help you later in life, with finances and stuff

while you are at it get asuran engineer – fits in lore purrfectly

@pvp – guardians are just good for point defence, if they are lucky… while good engineers leave me scarred with nightmares for days

@wvw – both are descent – roles may differ

@pve – both are descent – experience may vary based on guild/pug group, player skill and build

kill all ze thingz

(edited by Saulius.8430)

Class Decision

Posted by: Antalore.4206

Antalore.4206

i recommend taking math class

it may or may not help you later in life, with finances and stuff

while you are at it get asuran engineer – fits in lore purrfectly

@pvp – guardians are just good for point defence, if they are lucky… while good engineers leave me scarred with nightmares for days

@wvw – both are descent – roles may differ

@pve – both are descent – experience may vary based on guild/pug group, player skill and build

Thanks for commenting.
Asura – engineer sounds awesome, i’ll probably go for it.
And thanks for the tip, math can help you out sometimes(or not).

Class Decision

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Warrior is a solid option as the class is strong in most areas of the game.

Elementalist is fun to play.

Guardians are like Warriors, but a bit less fun in my opinion.

Necromancers require a decent amount of effort to play well, so play one if you want the challenge.

Thieves are too squishy for my taste, but they can dish out a beating if you let them.

Engineer is the only class I don’t have at 80, because I hate playing it. HATE it. One of these days I’m going to finish leveling him (sitting at 73) and park him at a Jumping Puzzle for all time. It’s all fun and games with the kits and turrets until you realize that it takes forever to kill anything. By the time you clear a map, my Warrior would have cleared 2-3 maps because he kills things and moves on while the Engi is still setting everything up. The only place I’ve had any fun with the Engi was defending in WvW.

Mesmer was pretty meh until I started doing dungeons with him.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Class Decision

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Between those 2, go Engineer. If boredom is your fear, then Engineer will keep you entertained. It’s dynamic, quirky, and very versatile. And of course, all true Engineers are Asura.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Class Decision

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

i have a Charr Engineer (Iron Legion) and he is quite Lore Friendly….. One of my favorites to just jump on and play just about anywhere.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Class Decision

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

i have a Charr Engineer (Iron Legion) and he is quite Lore Friendly….. One of my favorites to just jump on and play just about anywhere.

I think Charr Engy is a bit more lore friendly than asura. Charr tend to be steam punk ish while asura are more about arcane technology.

To OP:
Engy is one of those classes I could never get into myself ( I have every class at 80 except for Engy and Mesmer – working on Mesmer atm), so if you decided to make one and actually get to 80/get good with one props to you.

Class Decision

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Don’t listen to naysayers.
Guardian class is extremely fun to play in sPvP!
I don’t play WvW (yet, waiting till 80 first) and only PvE when I get bored and want to do some sight seeing (IE Map Completion)
I have insane survivability, and still have great damage output.
Last night I defended a point for an entire game, because it was consistently being bombarded by one person at a time trying to get an easy cap.
I only died once and was able to hold the point until my team won the match.
Engi’s do rock me every time that there’s a good player behind the controls, though. :S

Class Decision

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Guardian is strong in PvP, WvW, and PvE/Dungeons. But the playstyle becomes stale after a while.

Engis are awesome at PvP, as many above have mentioned, and pretty decent in other game modes. They’re the most fun class to play in the game, in my opinion.

Dragonbrand

Class Decision

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

If you are tired of human characters, a sylvari engineer would be good for jumping puzzles. (rifle has a great skill for jumping).

Class Decision

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Guardians are extremely good for dungeons, mainly thanks to their options for damage mitigation. Engineers and Rangers can be played badly in dungeons and so both have a bad reputation. If you plan to run dungeons with your guild either are fine, but if you intend to use the LFG tool then going guardian means you avoid the snobbery of others.

Class Decision

Posted by: RandomCC.1782

RandomCC.1782

Hammer guardian = fun times
Sylvari is a fun race to play, they sound British XD
Norn is fun too

Main character: Reichle Sylvari Ranger 39
Server: Crystal Desert
Representing guild: Diamond Legacy

Class Decision

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I found that I leveled the engineer the fastest out of my many alts. Bomb kit worked wonders with clearing whole sets of mobs for heart completions. I will admit that I found guardian boring, haven’t managed to level one past 15.

Someone else mentioned it though, you will have a less chance of being kicked from a party if you play a guardian.

Class Decision

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

Asuran engineers failed magi tech college so they’re stuck in steampunk. Charr are the true lore based engineers.

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)