Class HELP: Returning after a year and a half

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Reaper.5698

Reaper.5698

I was thinking about making a ranger for a new class. I want to get back in the game even though I have a fully ascended necro and guard. Basically I want to rush map completion asap while also picking a popular wvw/raid class/fractals. plus I crafted frostfang before I left and heard ranger use axe in meta. Do ranger pets keep aggro well? What pet should I use. I went ahead and created the character and gave him 20 slots and food. Is there anything I’m missing to make the experience faster, trying to get into hot quickly while catching up/redoing story. I had a 20 lvl experience scroll that I used to get speed signet spell. What other spells would you use while leveling.

Thanks GW2 community

Side note: I normally play human but I heard sylvari is the best for dps due to race skill?

(edited by Reaper.5698)

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

1. Axe is used in the off-hand for Power-based builds, main-hand for Condition-based builds.

2. Pet aggro should be a non-factor to your decision making process.

3. Best DPS pets are still the big cats, although many Rangers are slotting in Electric Wyverns for CC

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Ojimaru pretty much hit all the big points. Longbow sword/axe ranger would make things go the fastest. Once you get enough points into druid and unlock natural stride you can then drop the signet as youll get the fastest run speed possible. On druid I tend to run smokescale, tiger, lynx, electric wyvern.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I’d just like to add that I believe it was on reddit that devs are looking into the Sylvari racial elite and it’s not completely out of the question that it’s going to get nerfed sometime down the line. No idea when or if, but I would not be surprised. I’d just go with which race you think has the best looks for it.