Class Reccomendations

Class Reccomendations

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Melanu.7425

Melanu.7425

I’d first like to state that I have hit 80 on a Warrior but truth be told I didn’t much enjoy it, I loved being a Charr though so I know what race I want to be if nothing else.

Now before I begin here’s a brief on my MMO history…

Back in other MMO’s I’ve always enjoyed playing a support class. In WoW I played Paladin due to the buffs before they were removed, I actually enjoyed managing them and making sure they were adequate for the situation but WoW is boring to me since the class changes to Paladin have steadily made the class worse in my opinion.

In Rift I absolutely adored the Bard spec for Rogue. The idea of doing damage and providing passive buffs to the entire party was my idea of support in that it worked best in a team but solo play was still viable and a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the Bladedancer spec, going toe to toe with enemies using dual swords. I do still love Rift but it’s very cut and paste of WoW.

Those are really the only MMO’s I got to a high level with. I used to be put off GW2 until the Action Cam was implemented and it’s made the game much easier for a left handed person like myself. I can dodge well and use my skills easier without having to fight with the camera and positioning. It may not make sense to some people but I genuinely feel like I play better now and have more fun.

I would love to find a class that may evolve into something with good support but not sacrificing my potential to deal damage in groups or survive alone. I haven’t played all the classes to a high level and would like help finding something that comes close to this playstyle in GW2 because despite not enjoying my last main, I did enjoy the story and want to continue it with a class I will enjoy.

Sorry for the long message, I look forward to any replies

Class Reccomendations

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

You definitely sound like Revenant. Buffs the party while having high DMG. You buff the party dmg/survivability/speed by using same skills to deal dmg or heal self. Better wiki it up for better explanation.

If not Revenant then Guardian might be totally for you as well. Provides survivability buffs and better advantages for party to fight such as stability, etc.

Lastly Ranger with Druid spec, but of the three, this one is the most distant one to what you describe. Provides high healing amounts, but not much dmg buffs except Grace of the Land or any other survival buffs.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Class Reccomendations

Melanu.7425

Ah Revenent, I really want to play it but i still HoT lol

Class Reccomendations

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

If you don’t have Heart of Thorns , try guardian. I loved playing a Paladin in Burning Crusade/Wrath and I love playing guardian here. I find they have a weapon/build or skill for just about any situation and they are a huge help to allies in WvW and some fractals. They were not doing great in raids, but an August 8th patch improved their damage and they are good for dps spots in raids.

Class Reccomendations

Melanu.7425

Alrighty, I’ll give Guardian another bash and see how I do. Thanks for the advice, I’ll get HoT when I’m paid next and try Revenent then

Class Reccomendations

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

When starting Guardian, you’re going to want to focus on unlocking the Honor or Virtues trait tree first. Honor gives solid self-healing and enhanced Shout support skills, while Virtues is a useful grab-bag of traits for damage and support both. With survival traits established, it’s time to pick Zeal for added damage as your second trait line.

For weapons, I would personally keep a Staff on you at all times to help apply swiftness and might as you roam. Greatsword is also a good choice for their overall power and boost to mobility from its Skill 3. The scepter is your only ranged weapon until unlocking the Dragonhunter spec, so it’s worth keeping one around, and it pairs quite well with a focus for a general power/survival build.

Class Reccomendations

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Mesmer and Ranger→Druid are also possible support-y classes.

• Druid is more traditional, offering particular buffs and heals.
  • Mesmer is more of a GW2 idea of “support” — a good mesmer handles aggro duties (balling up trashmobs), can tank, can provide evades, handles condi removal, and share buffs. It can be a difficult class to master for some people, but also very rewarding in a similar way to support classes in other games.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”