Class feedback

Class feedback

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Hello, just getting back into guild wars 2. Needing some advice on class choices. I have a thief, necro, and mesmer all level 40.(used crafting mostly on them lol) Anyways I can’t just seem to decide.

Which of these three classes is the best decision to continue to 80 because I only have the time for one of them. Looking at PvE, solo, groups/dungeons, and WvW. Since you can instantly be any class at 80 in PvP that doesn’t matter.

Thanks for your input. Also which ever class you advise could you post a build for leveling and such.

Class feedback

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

need more explainan about your playstyle.
Else you’ll have 20 post about: “choose x!! it’s awsome!!”

If the choice is between those 3. Then

Thief is a extreme strong/burst damaging character, less healing skill, and less aoe.
Necro is the well know aoe condition bomb, with very good survival skills
Mesmer master of illussion, on it’s own you’ll probably will have some problem to survive (PVE, WvW), but most of the places they’ll happy to see a mesmer in the group.

All this 3 aren’t bad in dungeon and WvW.

Class feedback

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Well to be completly honest pretty much all I have done is solo PvE and some PvP. I would like to be strong in both solo play and group. Also I will probably get into WvW sometime or another.

Between condition and power I like both.

Class feedback

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Go Thief. Its one of ANet’s pet classes and will only get stronger.

Conditions in this game right now are very weak, for most trash mobs you’ll kill them with the direct damage component before condition damage does much, or you’ll be competing with other condition users and conditions don’t stack per player (i.e. 10 Necros all applying bleeds would still only put 25 stack of bleed on a target).

IIRC Confusion is getting a big nerf in sPvP, not sure about PvE and WvWvW, but if ANet botches it as badly as they did Eles, then yeah condition mesmers will be dead too.

So yeah, if you want to be strong in all aspects of the game, Thief is probably your best bet.