Cleric Guardian?

Cleric Guardian?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sugar.6590

sugar.6590

Hello,

I’m getting close to making my ascended armor set so I was wondering what kind of stats should I go for.

My main character is a Guardian and i’ve been using Knight’s gear for most of my play time, and i’ve been doing pretty good.

The Precision(30)/Toughness(30)/Vitality(10) Traits gave me a good experience in PvE.

I’ve heard from a few players that I will survive longer if I switch to healing gear (Cleric’s) because of all the healing power. So my question is: What are your opinions on Guardians in full Cleric gear? Also, Is it worth it for PvE?

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

No, its not worth it for PvE. Your going to have more then enough Survivability without it. I only break out my Clerics set when I got into WvW. For PvE I run zekers. But I won’t turn this in to one of these Meta debate threads. Although that is likely going to happen anyway.

The problem with ditching your knights for clerics is that you will lose out on DPS. The healing is nice from Clerics but scales badly. Its also not really needed for PvE where Mob AI is so weak. I would suggest sticking with your Knights gear if you like it.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

A better thing to do is to educate yourself about what coefficients are and how they work, instead of having everyone just tell you “NO” without understanding why.

Understanding of knowledge is more important than the actual knowledge.

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

For PvE, DPS is king.

If you have been doing fine with knight’s gear, stick with it. If you think you can survive switching to full zerker or even a zerker/knights mix do that.

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

My advice to you is DON’T CRAFT you ascended armor yet. You seem to have a lot to learn yet in the game before you make that jump. I don’t know exactly what is your experience in the game or even if it a troll post. But if it legit, you really want to wait. If you craft a cleric armor you will regret it a lot in the future.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Cleric Guardian?

sugar.6590

My advice to you is DON’T CRAFT you ascended armor yet. You seem to have a lot to learn yet in the game before you make that jump. I don’t know exactly what is your experience in the game or even if it a troll post. But if it legit, you really want to wait. If you craft a cleric armor you will regret it a lot in the future.

I’ve played since the launch, but i never really got into the whole ‘stats’ thing. I’m just counting on opinions from other players who know about all the scaling etc.

Thanks for the advice guys, i might just stick with my knights stuff then, I’ve always been the guy who didn’t want to die alot so im not gonna try out zerker’s on my guardian for now, im running zerk on my warrior and i don’t really like it.

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Thad’s advice is very solid. Having played since launch is good but it wouldn’t hurt to gain an understanding of your stats and trait load-out. Unless you’re going for a timed run or you need high AR levels, you can do without the Ascended gear until you’re 100% certain of what set you want.

It sounds like you’re comfortable with Knight’s right now and don’t enjoy the squishyness of a Zerker’s set. Maybe some time in the future you’ll have an easier time staying alive but may wish you hadn’t spent the gold on the Cleric’s set.

At any rate, Knight’s is a superior choice to Cleric’s for PvE.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Cleric Guardian?

sugar.6590

Thanks very much.
I think I’m gonna go for Knight’s ascended stuff, since i’ve used it for over 9 months now, never changed.

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

There’s a risk that it’ll be nerfed and no longer desirable, but if you want a set of armor that’s fun for PUGs but not necessarily optimal, you could consider celestial. From this chart, I think it has slightly better DPS numbers than soldier’s, and similar survivability:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-dps-numbers-for-various-builds/first

(I switched from soldiers/zerker (armor/trinkets) to celestial/zerker, and have been happy with the latter. I’m apparently not good enough to run pure zerker, at least not in random PUGs … I like trying to get people off the floor when they’re downed, and as pure zerker I’m too likely to join them.)

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

For pve zerk<all IMHO good guardian should survive in zerk gear because he has a lot of blocking skills and protection which works in percentages, agony also takes percentage of life. The only fear is that Anet will decide to nerf zerk because people are whining about zerkers efficiency.

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Zerker all the things

Zerk Wars 2 \o/

Cleric Guardian?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Its your choice sugar. But i have a really hard time to see why you want to get ascended armor since :

I’ve played since the launch, but i never really got into the whole ‘stats’ thing. I’m just counting on opinions from other players who know about all the scaling etc.

Ascended cost a lot and only for the ‘stats’ thing. You can do whatever you want, i just find weird that you want to spend that amount of gold for something like that. It seem like a lot more things would fit you better with this gold : like minis, item from the gem store, legendary, etc. Unless you want the ascended armor for the looks.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD