Combo question

Combo question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rene.4085

Rene.4085

I’ve just started learning about combos but have a question I haven’t seen the answer too (I have searched, but the results are too large to look through everything that doesn’t apply).

It’s about the “finishers” does that mean that once a finisher is applied it dissipates the field? I’ve been playing around with trying to get off 2 finishers per field but don’t know if that’s working or not. I will say this though, totally loving the layer upon layer of discovery going on regarding how very cool this game is. It’s very complicated and fun to learn. Not just a point and click thing, you gotta know all your weapons, all your skills, switch them out depending on if you need to heal, damage, aoe. So intricate! It’s great!

Combo question

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

You can use multiple finishers in the same field.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Combo question

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Field stays for its full duration regardless of how many finishers are applied. It becomes more effective the more people use finishers. Information on specific fields/finishers can be found here
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Combo question

Posted by: Rene.4085

Rene.4085

nice to know! practicing my combo combinations at that bandit camp just north of Bar Curtis Ranch in Queensdale – I’m learning how to take down the whole bandit camp in one fell swoop! so fun!

Combo question

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ah, quick question here as well then. i assume even if not intended, multiple combo fields will be strewn across mobs, especially during dungeons or boss battles.. so my question is, which field is applied to our finishers? i assume it’s the last one that is placed? i.e. if people were actually organized and planned to put down a water field, for a blast finisher to trigger AoE heals, but at the moment, a fire field was put down, does this negate the water field, strictly in terms of combos of course.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Combo question

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The oldest field is triggered first.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Combo question

Awesome.6120

The newest field is the one that is used (think of it like the one that’s on top). So in your example you would get might instead of healing.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Combo question

Posted by: crimsonvapor.1937

crimsonvapor.1937

Sorry if the answer can be found somewhere, but my researching has failed. Therefore, I have decided to post here instead.

Does anyone know who’s stats/attributes are used to calculate the damage of any effects created from combo fields? Say if an elementalist creates a Fire Field and a ranger fires a projectile through it a burning effect is created. Is the burning (condition damage) based off of the elementalist or the ranger?

Combo question

Posted by: PeerlessArch.6547

PeerlessArch.6547

Are you sure you can use multiple finishers in the same combo field? I thought it was like this in beta but it was nerfed b/c it became way too powerful. Unless they changed it back?

Sometimes on my elementalist, when I throw down healing rain and try to use arcane wave for blast finisher, nothing happens b/c someone has already activated a finisher in that field before I could.

Or maybe each field can take one projectile, one blast, one jump…etc. and not two of the same kind?

Currently wandering Tarnished Coast
Celestiel Veil – 80 Elementalist
{MOON}

Combo question

crimsonvapor.1937

I am pretty sure that it can be used by multiple finishers since I have thrown down Chaos Storm and see confusion pop up 20 times or so. All or most of the finishers were projectile finishers I’m sure, because of the people in the back.

Combo question

Awesome.6120

crimsonvapor: “When applicable, the stats of the character that activated the finisher are used to calculate the combo effects. This is most relevant to combos that inflict damaging conditions, as well as the healing effects of Water Fields.”

Straight out of the wiki page linked at the top of the thread.

And yes I am sure you can use multiple finishers in the same field. I’ve done it with multiple blasts on my engi, multiple leaps on my mes and combinations of leaps whirls and blasts on my guardian. You probably just need to work on your timing.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Combo question

Posted by: PeerlessArch.6547

PeerlessArch.6547

crimsonvapor: “When applicable, the stats of the character that activated the finisher are used to calculate the combo effects. This is most relevant to combos that inflict damaging conditions, as well as the healing effects of Water Fields.”

Straight out of the wiki page linked at the top of the thread.

And yes I am sure you can use multiple finishers in the same field. I’ve done it with multiple blasts on my engi, multiple leaps on my mes and combinations of leaps whirls and blasts on my guardian. You probably just need to work on your timing.

Well if 6 seconds of healing rain isnt enough time to get off a utility blast finisher, I guess I should quit. Not sure why it didnt work, but I guess Ill have to do some more testing to figure out why my utility skill is broken

Currently wandering Tarnished Coast
Celestiel Veil – 80 Elementalist
{MOON}

Combo question

crimsonvapor.1937

Can’t believe I missed that. Was sure I read that article twice. Thanks Awesome.

Combo question

Posted by: Vedalir.1938

Vedalir.1938

So another quick question: the hearts that pop up and say poison or whatever, are those telling me that someone has activated my field or are those telling me that I should do a skill that contains that effect to make a combo?

Combo question

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

The little hearts pop up when someone triggers your field or when you have used a finisher on someone elses. They are notifications rather than instructions

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Combo question

Awesome.6120

Also keep in mind that on 20% chance finishers the hearts always pop up even if the finisher effect doesn’t trigger. I assume this is a bug that will be fixed at some point.

[SFD] – Maguuma