Completionist + indecisiveness = insanity!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Crabsy.8637

Crabsy.8637

Ok i will start off by saying I fracking love this game and it is so much fun!

I have a major issue tho, I am a Completionist and I love finishing zones so that is super fun for me. The issue is I can’t choose a profession to play.

In head start I made a norn warrior to level 40 and go bored so I made a bunch of other characters mainly human and norn races. Didn’t try Necro, ranger or Mesmer.

Right now I have a level 50 human warrior and it’s pretty fun but feels a bit plain and generic. I have around 30% world completion for him. Now I really want to make a Norn Necro because it seems interesting to me. Now here are my issues that is driving me insane if I reroll for a 4th time:

- I feel like if I keep refilling I’ll miss out on lowbie instances because no many ppl will be doing them
- I feel like I’ll miss the initial fun of Orr but I hear some of the DE’s are
bugged?
- it might be tough to re explore hoalbrak for a 4th time

I feel like I am insane for thinking this but is it ok to reroll mains this early? I like being in the flow with the community but I feel like I’m restarting alllll over again.

Posted by: Payne.5062

Payne.5062

i know exactly how you feel ..i am a completionist and a perfectionist myself …it took me 2 days to create my final character (not kidding lol)

..my first choice was a necromancer and i leveled it up to 22 …i enjoyed the character and the game content but then i rerolled to a ranger as minions weren’t really my style ..now i just love everything about the new character ….the ranger in this game meets my playstile perfectly and it will be my main character

i’m not really in a rush to meet up in level with my friends as i want to enjoy this game slowly and for a long long time

Crabsy.8637

I partly want to make a Necro but I have a few hang ups.

- do you need babysit all he minions? I sort of hate babysitting pets
- I’m not super fond of the staff being all targetable aoe’s so i was thinking dual dagger for melee, would that make sense?

Ugh so confused!!!!!

Posted by: Payne.5062

Payne.5062

-minions often die so you would need to always respawn them
-the staff shoots demonic hands in a straight line so you would have to always line mobs up to be efficient, and all other staff skills are area marks
-dual dagger makes sense as it makes the biggest damage and i always played with them, the only problem is the light armor which makes you very fragile in melee combat

(edited by Payne.5062)

Crabsy.8637

Maybe ill try dual dagger and see how I like it. Constantly resin mining minions seems like a total pain!

Hmm it is intriguing the daggers had the highest damage I had no idea about that actually might be fun. I’ll need to read up more about it! Thank you!

Posted by: Crothen.2687

Crothen.2687

Im a completionist and I keep getting stuck at timberline falls because the inquest gate wont open for me to get 100% for that map. OCD OFF THE CHARTS

Crabsy.8637

So i may have had a revelation! So sitting here at work doing nothing it came to me.

I love greatswords but warriors feel plain too me.
I love the norn light armor but I really dislike elementalist and Necro.

Greatsword Mesmer! I want to try this class weapon combo but i heard weird things about kiting? Anyone have any insight on fun/quality of Greatsword Mesmer for nothing but PvE leveling?