Conditions + Mesmer --> confused

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it seems confusion works outside the game too, I’m having a hard time to find out how things work:

1.) which conditions are influenced by the stat “+ condition damage”? Is the percentage of damage from vulnerability increased?

2.) Traits that end with “… when they are killed”: what does this mean for the clones? Is a clone killed when you remove him by sending in new clones?

3. ) “Debilitating Dissipation” – clones apply a random condition when they are killed. Can anyone clarify which conditions?

Personally I think this should be answered in the tool-tips.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Vertix.5693

Vertix.5693

1. The ‘+ condition damage’ is basically ANY condition that deals damage, poison, burn etc.

2. The traits, well can you be more specific of which traits? But i’m pretty sure it’s talking about when the clones die, as in killed by another player/creature.

3. The random condition is random, it could be any condition, but it tends to be a burn or poison/cripple.

Hope this in some way helped

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

1. The ‘+ condition damage’ is basically ANY condition that deals damage, poison, burn etc.

2. The traits, well can you be more specific of which traits? But i’m pretty sure it’s talking about when the clones die, as in killed by another player/creature.

3. The random condition is random, it could be any condition, but it tends to be a burn or poison/cripple.

thank you for your fast response

1.) well confusion technically doesn’t deal damage if the enemy uses no skills (e.g. runs away), but isn’t confusion influenced by this too?

2.) sure.
-) Crippling Dissipation
-) Confusing Combatants (Grandmaster Minor)

3.) so it could be any condition? Interesting. A bit too random for me then.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Vertix.5693

Vertix.5693

thank you for your fast response

1.) well confusion technically doesn’t deal damage if the enemy uses no skills (e.g. runs away), but isn’t confusion influenced by this too?

2.) sure.
-) Crippling Dissipation
-) Confusing Combatants (Grandmaster Minor)

3.) so it could be any condition? Interesting. A bit too random for me then.

1. Well the one thing I love about random conditions, is if your using the staff almost all of your spells grant them, and for each individual condition the Phantasmal Sorcerer gets 10% damage increase. So in PVP before attacking with sword/pistol I drop tonnes of conditions and a sorcerer for some serious damage

Also, confusion does deal damage! It deal damage (normally farely good damage) when ever the person who is confused uses a skill. So your often see confusion stacking Mesmer. And yeah I do believe confusion is included, the best way to find out is find a skill that grants confusion and see the damage done by confusion, then stack some +condition damage jewels are whatever and see if it increases

I think this answers your question :P

Posted by: Illkilla.5816

Illkilla.5816

1) Burning, Poison, Bleeding, Confusion. Any damage over time ability really. I stack Condition damage on my Mesmer and will drop a combo field while my duelist is blasting away, giving me 2-3 stacks of confusion, then use the channeled ability from a sceptre to get 5 more stacks, then shatter the three copies I have out for another 3 stacks, mobs go down fast, and people go down just as fast.

2) When they are killed refers to any time they die other than being shattered. Meaning a mob can kill them, when they die after their target does, or when they are forcefully replaced because you already have three out.

3) I use this trait myself, I have seen fire, and confusion. Most of the time, though, it appears they apply vulnerability when they die.

It sounds like you play a lot like I do, I like to use the sceptre/pistol when I’m feeling lazy and just let it autofire into a group of mobs, as the clones get coppied and the first one dies it spreads the random condition to the other mobs, when that mob dies all 3 explode doing the same. It’s a lot of fun and adds a neat animation to the silly butterfly shatter effect they normally have