Confused About Diminishing Returns.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Q:

I only have one 80. I am burned out on WWW and PvP atm. (It is due to the fact I have had the flu for 4 weeks, got burned out) So I am exploring the world and gathering materials for my other 8 alts.

But there is something that deters me at the moment. I keep hearing the horrible word….Diminishing Returns. I know that this is to keep botters at bay (YAY) but I can’t get into a groove for fear of triggering it. Does it get triggered by killing things, gathering things, or both? I don’t run in specific paths, I am exploring zone by zone, but just on one character atm.

I asked my guild and even in map chat and no one really knew the answer.

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

A:

Diminishing returns occur when you repeat the same content in sequence. The same dynamic event set, or dungeon path, for instance. If you aren’t running the same thing multiple times, you have nothing to worry about.

Dungeons, I should note, also have a DR timer that affects all dungeon paths, But it will only really apply if you’re rocking speed runs in quick succession.

Sinfullysweet.4517

Ok so if I am all over the place, uncovering maps, and doing random events as I come across them I should be ok? (I don’t do dungeons at all, I just can’t commit to the time sadly.)

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

Yep, nothing to worry about.

Sinfullysweet.4517

Thank you! That put a lot of enjoyment back into my game. I was fearing what was the point if I was going to be punished playing (since I am sick) lol

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Yep, nothing to worry about.

Theoretically speaking.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/page/16#post1252135

The above thread talks about the DR issue, which has been circulating for quite some time now, and whether it works as intended.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!