Confused about engineer

Confused about engineer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Hey guys,

I’ve got one simple issue. I’ve read many posts about which class is better over others and I have noticed strange thing: engineer isn’t said to be that powerful class (I know there is no OP class here, but he is weaker that for example d/d ele or bunker guardian, at least that’s what I’ve read) but he can handle 1vs3 or even 1vs5 situation.
If it’s about duels then you can say that enemy is weak/noob, but fighting 4 or 5 people, EVEN if they are not ‘pro’ is something worth highlighting. What is more I haven’t ever heared or read about any other class being able to fight with more than 3 people at once.

So, what’s bad about engineers? Be objective.

I didn’t want to create this topic in Engineers subforum, because you will always meet only positive opinions about certain classes.

Confused about engineer

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It depends on the build, but a POWER build for an Engi would be very AoE heavy (Grenades, Bombs, etc.) and thus can damage many enemies at once. They generally lack a lot of condition removal and stability, so can be countered (so they are NOT OP).

As far as bad things go, while the Turrets have recently been improved, they are still “bugged” in a variety of ways (go check the Engi forum for details). Engineers are heavily geared to be VERY strong Condition Damage dealers, but in general Condition Damage is not in a great place right now in terms of end game modes. This is not really the fault of the Engineer class but the way Condition Damage works in GW2 in general.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Confused about engineer

Hattoni.8597

So the most drawbacks of being engineers are condition damage and removals? The thing is if char can handle 4 other players there must be something wrong with them. I’ve seen this ‘immortal engineer’ on YouTube and honestly that’s quite odd. As a new player in GW2 the first thing I did was seeing YouTube records of every class. I’ve seen those spectacular burst builds, immortal bunkers. I know it’s most often about killing noobs/newbies who don’t know their’s class but still – haven’t seen any other class except engies who could fight more than 3 players at once.

Confused about engineer

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Hey Hattoni…
Havn’t seen you online for a while.

Don’t worry I’ll explain and show you some things with Engineer. They are actually powerful and most people simply dont know how play them to their fullest.

Hopefully I can catch you today online sometime.
Keep in touch, there’s a lot to learn! =P

Confused about engineer

Hattoni.8597

Hey Dreamy,

I’ll be online in like 2 hours, at 2.00 am for me, hope to catch you in game. IMO it’s always you meet newbies who simply can’t use full potential of a class. Nevermind, we can Close this topic then.

Confused about engineer

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Hey Dreamy,

It’s always the newbies who simply can’t use full potential of a class. Nevermind, we can Close this topic then.

Don’t worry man, that’s going to all change.
I helped out newbies who started as early as their first day in game and they’re rocking it like crazy! You’ll be fine when I show you the basics of how everything works and I will asnwer all your questions as well.

I’ll see you in game in 2 hours. =)