Confusion

Confusion

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zwingzs.2469

Zwingzs.2469

Hello ive been playing gw2 on and off and i finally decide to level to 80 via PvP.
The thing is i feel underwhelming whenever 1v1 someone they seem to do more damage and be able to take alot more. Does gear matter ? do i have to gear before i go pvping ? Also im playing a warrior if that helps.

Confusion

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Trait properly and choose the right trinket, runes and sigil while setting your pvp build.

Confusion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Everyone gets the same stats in sPvP. The only thing gear affects is how you look. If you actually mean WvW then that is a completely different story. Also if you meant WvW then you should have said WvW, referring to it as PvP just causes unnecessary confusion.

Confusion

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

also, assuming you did mean sPvP and not WvW… you do not level at all by playing sPvP.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Confusion

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

skill and trait combos. some things work well together. you really have to focus on a few parts of your character and have everything help that. for example: I’m a mesmer, in traits I can select things that boost my damage, boost my phantasm’s damage, increase my shatter damage, help conditions, etc. If I plan on summoning lots of clones to shatter, I would want to increase shatter damage and maybe confusion but not touch phantasm damage at all. or, if I want to summon all the phantasms and just let them wail on my enemies, I would increase their damage but not touch shatter damage at all. You have to be really good in a few things rather than kinda good in many things.

Also, I will frequently get in fights with someone who dominates for like 10 seconds (deals lots of damage, takes almost no damage), then runs away because all their skills are on cooldown. Their plan is to win in those 10 seconds, but can’t sustain a prolonged fight.

Confusion

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

also, assuming you did mean sPvP and not WvW… you do not level at all by playing sPvP.

Well you get the tomes, but that’s pretty slow leveling.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.