Consuming recipes—account-wide or character?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Junebug.2350

Junebug.2350

Q:

For example, if I consume Light of Dwayna recipe on my Warrior because she has 500 Armorsmith, will it also be available on my Mesmer who has 500 Tailoring and my Ranger with 500 Leatherworking?

Alternatively, if I consume Light of Dwayna recipe on my 500 Armorsmith warrior, will that same recipe be found if I get my Tailoring and Leatherworking up later?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s character, I believe. Or at least that’s how it is for the legendary Gift recipes, anyway.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Character. Which is annoying if you get overzealous and learn a recipe only to remember another of your characters is the one with that crafting profession leveled up.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Character. Which is annoying if you get overzealous and learn a recipe only to remember another of your characters is the one with that crafting profession leveled up.

Definitely. That is why I wish the recipes were account bound. It is not like you can use them unless whatever character in that crafting profession has leveled up to use it anyway. Since the crafting materials are account bound, so should the recipes.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Your latter scenario (switching your craft and raising it to 500) should work; I’ve had some insignia recipes on my Tailor/Leatherworker do exactly that. If the one recipe item lists multiple crafts, then yes, it SHOULD work. (If you needed a different recipe for each weight class, it wouldn’t – like the karma-bought aquabreather recipe in some Ascalon zone.)