Cost-efficient obsidian shards? karma

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

We need 250 for the gift of mastery and then again however many tries it will take to get 77 clovers.

We can get the shards from the priest for 2100 karma and from the Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes for kitten with a 3,3% drop rate (but the box also drops a lot of karma).

So I figured, since the boxes also drop lodestones I need as well as the shards, when is the best time to start getting these.

I figured I get like 300 shards from the priest and the rest from the boxes? 350 maybe? Guildies told me to get 500 from the priest and then start with the boxes but I don’t want to believe it’ll take me more than 250 tries for the 77 clovers.

What do you think?

EDIT: why does it autocorrect the number (cost) of the jewelry box into “kitten” ??

(edited by Kovac.4372)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

I would do it by budgeting karma. Set some minimum amount of karma you want to save to buy them directly from Balthazar (leave yourself enough to buy like 400 maybe; if you get unlucky with the boxes you can just farm more karma and come back later). Then buy boxes until you hit that level of karma. Then refill your karma from the boxes and repeat.

If you do the boxes first you can continually adjust the amount you need from the priest down (and hence afford even more boxes) when they contain shards, but they’re too unpredictable to try and rely on them. Make sure you can always go to Balthazar afterwards to get what you need.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest