Countermeasure of Guild Leader gone

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: yama.6371

yama.6371

Hello!
Can anyone Help Us?
I and our Guild members have really Serious problem.

Our Guild Leader account was suspended permanently by that he doesn’t remember about incident.He had negotiated many times,but his account is gone.
We believe him and have doubts about the support team,
but,We understand this incident was already end.

However,There is One really Serious problem.
We try to save influence for Guild Mission and now ready to activate.
But, no one can start it. So we want to ask you guys,

Someone, Do you know how to solve it?
or
Someone, Did you experience the same situation?

Of course, we tried to ask support, but they told Guilds in Guild Wars 2 are completely self-governed. so we can’t promote or demote characters.

I was disappointed… So I wanna ask More players.

Readers, Thanks for spend your time.

(edited by yama.6371)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

In GW1 there was a system that if the guildleader is inactive for a certain amount of time he/she got demoted to the second lowest rank and the next one in line gets the leadership. afaik it hasn’t been tested in gw2 as of yet. There is a promotion system if the leader demotes himself to member or leaves the guild. So I suspect there is a demotion system over time as well for inactive guildleaders. How long that takes is unknown to me, but I doubt it will be shorter then three months.

The answer support has given surprises me. I really doubt there isn’t anything they can do (e.g. changing the former players account password, reinstating his account, logging in with those details, demoting the leader to member so a new leader is automaticly appointed and blocking the account again).

So saying they can’t help you is nonsense imo and they are not willing to help. Off course one could say and argue that a guild with a leader that is bad is a bad guild. But that would be the same as saying that all North Korean people are bad cause their leader is bad.

My advise therefore is to appeal the decission to not help you in this matter. You do so by posting on this forum in the account issues section here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account

You could refere to this post to not having to tell all. in my opinion if the leader is out of appeal options to fight his ban or a certain amount of time after the blocking has been passed, there should be a way for support (or automaticly) to demote him as leader of an active guild. I think the initial answe rof support comes from ther situation that they don’t have such an option. Appealing can (and in my personal opinion should) lead to the creation of such a policy. Off course I’m not support so it’S just my 2 cents.

Good luck!!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

yama.6371

Thx a lot for your reply!
Information about GW1 is very important for us. We got a little light.
Yea, I agree your opinion. OK, I’ll do posting on the account issues section about this.

IMO, It will increase people to experience the same situation in the near future
by Guild leader gone (retirement, ban, etc…). So The system as GW1 will be needed…

Best Regards and Enjoy GW2!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If the guild leader is “suspended permanently”, that would imply that the account will be deleted at some point in the (near?) future.

If the guild leader’s account ceases to exist, the guild leader rank in your guild should pass down to the most senior member, because a guild cannot be without a guild leader.

You could ask ArenaNet whether the account will indeed be deleted, and if so, when, and what exactly will happen with the guild leader rank in the guild.
(Asking them for information will surely yield an answer, even if they refuse to actively intervene in guild politics.)

Also, if guild leadership does not pass down to someone else upon deleting the guild leader’s account, you could submit a bug report, because then you would have a guild with no player account designated as guild leader, which should never happen.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

If the guild leader is “suspended permanently”, that would imply that the account will be deleted at some point in the (near?) future.

As far as I know permanently suspended accounts are never deleted, but as the word implies permanently suspended. The amount of resources needed to keep an account are so small there is no need to delete them

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

As far as I know permanently suspended accounts are never deleted, but as the word implies permanently suspended. The amount of resources needed to keep an account are so small there is no need to delete them

If this is the case, you could ask ArenaNet to consider the policy of removing a player account from any guilds as soon as it is permanently suspended. This would also solve the problem for the guild.

(I am phrasing this deliberately as a general policy, because they have already stated that they will never take action in individual guild-related issues and disputes.)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It doesn’t help in this situation but for future reference (and for anyone else reading this) it’s a very good idea to make sure at least 2 people can edit ranks/permissions and that those people aren’t using the same computer/otherwise likely to both be MIA at the same time.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Official answer in another thread – I’m afraid you will only have the option to wait a bit, hopefully not too long.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/No-guild-leader/first#post1571625

Good luck.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

My guild has 2 leaders with all permissions, and the rank below it has every permission including admin lower ranks but not editing ranks. So even if both of our leaders were banned, the guild can still function perfectly fine.

yama.6371

Thx a lot useful Information for us!!!
Especially, below thread is same situation.

Official answer in another thread – I’m afraid you will only have the option to wait a bit, hopefully not too long.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/No-guild-leader/first#post1571625

OK, we’ll try to appeal the importance of this issue and the need for countermeasures to Arena development team, and wait building additional guild tools.

Thx for spend you guys time….Enjoy GW2!

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I suggest that once you get a new leader that you create a rank below guild leader that can manage the guild in case the leader or leaders are gone. In my guild we have a rank below the guild leader with trusted people in it that can all start and activate upgrades, invite members, etc.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!