Couple Questions about fractals?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: theD.6187

theD.6187

-To Gain my personal level, do I have to play at or above what my personal level is? ie I am level 5 if I play level 1 do I go to 6 or stay at 5?

-I know the rewards are supposed to increase with level, is this chance at gear? or do you get more fractals? Like I got 15 fractals for completing level 1, will level 6 give me more than 15?

-I know that agony starts at level 10. But you cant get the ascended item without pristine fractals – so how do I get agony resistence before level 10 so that Im prepared? Something with the backpiece from the store?

thats all for now any other things you could clear up would be great

ty!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

- I am pretty sure you have to play at your max personal level to advance to the next one.

- I am told the loot gets better, you get more relics, and at higher level you get the more valuable relics needed to buy some things. You also get a better (still very slim) chance at the fractal weapons.

- I don’t know on agony, as I have no interest in required-gear-collection so I have not gone to level 10 ever.

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Yes. You need to go to the same level or higher if you want to progress.

Yes, you get more fractal relics from higher levels.

You can get the ascended back piece anytime you have the relics for it. You can also buy the rings via laurels. The amulet / accessories etc are also available. But for level 10, 0 agony resist is ok. I wouldn’t be too worried.

Posted by: theD.6187

theD.6187

Re: fractal relic numbers

I am not positive but I thought I got both 15 relics for a run at lvl 1 and at level 3? do they spike up at certain levels?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Agony isn’t a blanket mechanic- rather, it’s applied on very specific boss attacks that can be dodged. Even if you do get agony, you can usually heal through it.

In other words, you can run level 10 with no AR and be perfectly fine as long as you keep on your toes.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

If I am level2 and do a level5, do I advance to 5? or do I have to do them in sequence?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I -think- you advance so long as you are doing a level at or higher than your personal max.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

If I am level2 and do a level5, do I advance to 5? or do I have to do them in sequence?

You will advance one level at a time- e.g. you will advance to 3.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread