Couple of quick questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ShadowBlaze.2573

ShadowBlaze.2573

Q:

Is Rare gear enough just for PvE, excluding dungeons?
What are some of the PvE endgame content I could do? I’m not into PvP and WvW and not into dungeons either. I don’t want to grind for legendaries / gold too just want to play for fun.

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

Yes, rares would be fine for just running around maps.

Posted by: Jax.9107

Jax.9107

PvE endgame: 100% world map completion, jumping puzzle completion, diving goggles completion.

Posted by: ShadowBlaze.2573

ShadowBlaze.2573

May I know whats the diving googles completion?
Also bump for more advise.

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

Jax pretty much list out the stuff you can do in PvE without dungeons. I would also add leveling alts. I don’t grind dungeons (though I sometimes join guildies for a few runs), I don’t do lots of WvW, I don’t do PvP. But I love to level alts simply because I like to play around with different professions.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Map completion would be the big one. That includes finding all the POIs and vistas, doing all the hearts and while it’s not required it will involve a lot of doing dynamic events along the way.

And of course there’s the various Living Story updates which are going to keep coming after the end of Flame & Frost in a few days time.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: masterclass.4960

masterclass.4960

I think rare armour is good for like PvP and exploring because in exploring you can bump in some bad guys

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Rares (or even masterwork, if you aren’t going to be looking for champs/other challenging material to solo) should be fine for open-world PvE content. But you will notice a difference between rare and exotic gear should you ever decide to put in the investment.

Some things you could pursue are

• 100% map completion
  • Diving goggles: 37 locations around Tyria – put on the goggles and dive in to the water below! (guide at Dulfy)
  • Completing all the jumping puzzles
  • Completing all the mini-dungeons (Titles are on the Exploration tab of achievements) – these are not instanced dungeons, they’re more like puzzles
  • Spend time on your favorite map, wandering around, learning all the events, and helping newer players
  • Leveling an alt or two
  • Do events that give a guaranteed rare upon completion (dragon generals, Maw, etc)
  • Grind for weapon/armor skins (though this typically involves saving up gold or doing dungeons)

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Dailys and Monthlys-will get you alot of Karma which can be used for many things, including buying full sets of Exotics from the Temple vendors in Orr. They are not a grind and will come naturally as you do all the rest mentioned above. Just be sure to check what you need for completion and go to those areas of the the world.

Crafting-If you are into some cool looks and fine gear this can be alot of fun.

Guild Missions and Group Events-there are some threads in this forum and others that post guilds that will invite you to their guild for the completion of missions. There are also servers that run group events such as conquest of the differentTemples that anyone can tag along on. All you have to do is show up.

Server Communities-Most if not all worlds have a web site for the community at large that will sponser fun events such as jumping puzzle completion etc. Watching others fall to their death can be great fun.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Honestly you could even run rares in dungeons just fine if it wasn’t a speedclear group. The only reason people scream about needing exotics is because they want to speedclear everything. This doesn’t apply to fractals though. While under level 10 fractals you can just about do it in blues, anything 10+ you’re gonna want exotics.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I used Rare armor plus masterwork trinkets on my elementalist for quite a while(it was my first character) due to being too lazy to replace them with exotic. Did pretty much everything including dungeons(although not Arah explorable). Didn’t seem like I was doing any worse then the rest of the party who was wearing exotic. Switching to exotic was noticeable in some place but not “night and day” noticeable.

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Is Rare gear enough just for PvE, excluding dungeons?
- Yes, definitely. Although you might sometimes run into trouble with world events (especially in orr) and… Southsun Cove

What are some of the PvE endgame content I could do? I’m not into PvP and WvW
and not into dungeons either. I don’t want to grind for legendaries / gold too just want to play for fun.

- Finishing exploration. Doing events. General journey. Basically all you can do in PvE without dungeons. Killing some bosses, help people, doing some world events with other people. Or group events.

May I know whats the diving googles completion?
- There are goggles for diving purposes around the world. You get an achievement for finding and using them to jump into water around the world. (I think there are about 40 or so)

I bought rare armor and then dropped exotic armor from bosses, dungeons etc. so that’s a fine way to get the stuff.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!