Couple questions about PvE & PvP?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tilah.3041

Tilah.3041

Q:

I started playing GW2 once again, and when I did play the game (year ago), I was really lost. However, with the last week and half, the game has been my main focus. I’ve learned a lot, but still soaking the knowledge up and having fun as well. With that said, I have a couple questions regarding specific topics and only want clarification.

1. From reading forum posts, Glory has been removed and there will be a new mechanic in place?

2. Mystic Forge within the Mists: the higher your rank, the better quality of gear unlocks? What I mean is visual looks of gear start to look cooler, since everyone is on the same page.

3. That said, there’s a lot of neat stuff I’ve seen on people. None of that gear is transmuted PvE gear, and none of that gear is carried over?

4. I know you can be any level to enter the Mist, but are there restrictions? Do you have to be level 80 outside PvP to have something unlocked? Or are all the gear you get from Glory vendors available to anyone?

5. I would like to level my character to 80, of course enjoying every step of the way. There no reason to rush 80, since there really isn’t an end-game?

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

A:

1. Yes, a new system is planned with the patch 15th April. What the system entails exactly isn’t public yet.

2. I’m not certain, but if it’s true yes, it will be visual looks since all PvP-gear is equal.

3. Currently PvP-gear and PvE-gear is completely split. You can’t acquire PvE-gear in PvP or PvP-skins in PvE, they do use the same models. (Like the dungeon Arah reward armor is also unlockable in PvP by playing PvP.) This will all change in the April 15th patch when gear-skins will become shared due to the new Wardrope.

4. Currently PvP can be done at any level without affecting your PvP-rewards in any way. You will ofcourse miss out on WvW and PvE. With the April 15th patch they’ll implent a new system that rewards people for playing a mixture of PvP and PvE, how much influence that will have on your rewards is yet to be seen. Example: The dungeon-armor will have their own Reward-track which will be available from time to time, but will be permanently available if you do the Storymode of that dungeon.

5. There is no rush to 80, enjoy the game in the way you find pleasureable. How-ever the downscaling system isn’t perfect so for a lot of places people will exclude non-80s or you’ll be at a disadvantage. To give you a general idea.
Dungeons: level 30+ (unlocking dungeons 1 by 1 depending on your level.)
Fractals: Level 80-only
WvW: Any level, you’ll be upscaled but at a disadvantage due to the scaling-system not being flawless.
PvP: Level has no effect what-so-ever.

To read more about the new reward-system:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

There is end game now, you should try to get at least one character to 80 quickly.