Crafting - how to find nodes?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

Trees are easy enough to find, but how do you find the other nodes? I’m trying to be a weapon- and armorsmith, but can’t find any nodes for it. Had to buy some copper ore in the trading post just to get started. I’m an asura, btw.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They are hidden if you low level and are missing from the lowest level areas of the starting zone. You may have to go into the full map and turn them on, lower left eye. They will appear on your mini map when you are close enough.

You also will need gathering tools and equip them via the hero character screen. They can be bought usually from NPC Vendors (pile of coins on map) in cities or at some outposts.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_tools
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero#Equipment_2

Node icons are shown here.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Map#Compass

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Nodes are everywhere oO

Unless you haven’t yet left the level 5 areas, where they have been removed because they were deemed “too confusing” for new players. It seems the opposite is true…

Ore nodes are little silver triangles on your minimap, plants little green, well plant-like icons. Since you are asura, go to your starting area (Metrica Province), and start poking around a little ways away from the portal that leads to Rata Sum. You should find plenty of ore once you moved out of the “no nodes to avoid confusion” zone.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

BattleCat.2098

I’m only level 12, but I figured the nodes would show up as I’ve started the crafting stuff. And besides, the trees have been around since level 1, so I thought it was strange I haven’t found -any- other types of nodes yet. Guess I’ll just have to keep looking. Thanks.

Behellagh.1468

As an Asura, The Anthill in Metrica Provence is full of ore nodes. It’s just south of the reactor where Fire Elemental spawns in the mountain, the opening from the north is along the left side of the map above south of the entrance to the Inquest lab. Lumber and Plants are spread around any open areas.

As the Red Queen and myself pointed out, they are NOT in the lowest level areas in any of the starter zones. But I was wrong, their isn’t a map setting to turn them on/off, you should be seeing them on your mini-map.

Here I am in the Asura starter zone, a level 6 area (note my down level is 7 so a level 6 area). Look, two lumber nodes on the mini map

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

BattleCat.2098

Thanks, that helps a lot! Maybe I’m just too much in a hurry to start gathering stuff.

Behellagh.1468

Remember to get gathering tools. Also remember as you go to higher level maps, you will need higher level, and more expensive, gathering tools. If your gathering tools aren’t a high enough level for the mat, you will get ruined mats.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

You can see them on your mini map as you run, hoover over the nod to see what it is

Behellagh.1468

Also nodes move around from map instance to map instance. Day to day. Just because you found a copper node at some location yesterday, doesn’t mean it will be there today. I’m guessing there’s at least 2-3 more possible node locations than actually spawn on any map. I assume it’s a anti-matbot measure.

Generally mats respawn I think in an hour, rich ore nodes (10 vs 3 whacks) every 24-hours as long as you stay on the map.

RIP City of Heroes

BattleCat.2098

Well, ny Necro is now level 17 and has a 100% Map Completion on both Rata Sum and Metrica Province. Yay me. Trees and plants are easy to find now, but I’m struggling with the copper nodes. Are they outside at all, or entirely inside tunnels etc? The only ones I’ve found ar in the Ant Hill, but then again, there were several in there. It made me wonder, as the last time I played (after launch), the nodes were everywhere and much easier to find.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Nodes can be anywhere a player can go, including under water. You might just have been unlucky with the map(s) you got. You can, however, travel to Lion’s Arch via asura portal and from there to the starter zones of the other races, to see if you can find more nodes there.
Or, if you have the Heart of the Mists shortcut unlocked already, just use this. I don’t know if you have a char above the required level for that one.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

http://gw2nodes.com will show you where the rich ore nodes are on the map.

Behellagh.1468

http://gw2nodes.com will show you where the rich ore nodes are on the map.

They’re level 11. Give them time.

RIP City of Heroes