Crafting needs some love!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Big Boss.6248

Big Boss.6248

I like how the rest of the game is brimming with great ideas to get rid of the grind and have a good time exploring, fighting, and playing through my own story line, however crafting seems like it needs to have a closer look at.

Now I like that I can piece together my own gear to make a new combination, take an inscription and some other parts and POOF make a sword with the stats I want. What I don’t like is that I’m level 34 and I’m having to farm copper still which as you all know is only in the starter areas of each race forcing me to only experience the low level content instead of reaching more challenging foes and content. I thought we were supposed to be getting rid of the grind in GW2, why am I making nothing but heaps of trash in order to make things that are actually useful? I actually prefer GW1’s crafting system at this point you find what you need to make the item, not find mounds of crafting materials to make a meter go up to craft something you want in end game.

What needs to happen is one of two things: either we get rid of the leveling system and just have it so you can make the item as long as you have the materials or majorly increase the amount of experience you get while crafting so I am able to craft gear that is actually useful to me instead of forcing me to run through each starter zone to get mats.

Attachments:

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I haven’t really run into this problem. Make sure you always have extra gathering tools availible so you don’t run out, also make sure to always go out of your way to collect nodes if you see them. Doing this alone I found about 500 copper while leveling.

I also notice that you are doing 2 professions that use metal. If you try and level both of them at once you obviously will you twice the mats. I would suggest focusing on 1 profession for a while or pick a different profession that requires different mats then your first.

Posted by: Azkar.6018

Azkar.6018

You shouldn’t have to make heaps of trash to level up. I’ve found I don’t need to make much more than enough to clothe my character. Make sure to use the discovery tab as much as possible as you make far more XP discovering something new than by making something you already know.

Posted by: Moderator

Players Helping Players is not a general discussion forum. This forum is meant for asking for help or providing help in some form or another. Please help keep these forums clean by staying on topic. Thank you.