Crafting suggestions for a returning player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

Q:

Greetings,

I am a returning player, I played at launch and have an 80 Necro. I’ve just bought HoT and am slowly getting up to speed. However, I never really bothered with crafting back then and I’d like to now. But I’d like some advice over what’s best to take. I keep hearing Chef is good, generally. But am not sure what else?

If anyone can advise, that’d be awesome.

Thank you.

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Chef is good, since all classes benefit from it. Since you are a light armor class, tailor can build your armors.

For weapons, you want either artificer or weaponsmith, depending on what you use more. Do you use daggers/axe/greatsword? Then get weaponsmith. If you use staff/focus/sceptet, get artificer.

Crafting can get expensive. You can learn only two professions per character, but you can always make another character to learn the other crafting professions. One reason to craft is to have a surefire way of getting ascended armor and weapons.

Jewelry is a bit useless at the moment, as you can get all of your ascended jewelry and trinkets from laurels, fractals, achievements, bloodstone fen, or guild commendations, although actual stat combos may vary depending on method.

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

hmmm. thanks I wonder if weaponsmith + tailoring would make me most self suficcent in the future. I would imagine buff food is available more readily through the market?