Crafting with skill points

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Manczurov.3245

Manczurov.3245

Hey.

I read something few days ago that craftin with skillpoints is really profitable. I do not understand all the “crafting” things so im asking here.
I have 360 SP to spend, how much money could i get from it?
Do i need specific crafts on high lvl or its just work for mystic forge?

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

Just mystic forge I believe.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Here is the Wiki for the Skill Point:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skill_point

Under the “Crafting” header, there are several items you can buy with skill points that are then used to craft things in the Mystic Forge.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Skill points are a very valuable item, and there are many path’s you can take to turn them into cash. All of them(or at least all I can remember currently) happen at the mystic forge.

The three I know of are, Material Promotion, Siege Promotion, and Eldritch Weapon crafting.

Remember:
Check prices of things before buying materials to craft. (Gw2 Spidy can help with that)
Make sure to calculate tax. (Buy Price/0.85= total cost +BLTtax)

Material Promotion
Buy some T5 rare crafting material such as a Charged Cores combine it with Bottles of Elonian Wine, Piles of Crystalline Dust, and Crystals(skillpoints)
and get T6 exotic crafting materials out of it. Keep in mind this market is farmed heavily and prices are competitive so check your prices well.

Siege Promotion
Take some regular blueprints with Mithril Ore and Elder Wood Logs(note this is the raw version not the Ignots/Planks) Plus a Siege Masters Guide(skillpoints) and get superior versions out of them. These can then be sold. on the market. Also is handy if you play WvW

Eldritch Weapon crafting
Check here for recipies: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eldritch_Scroll
Get the materials together and Craft one with the Scroll(costs 50 skillpoints) they come from requiring just a few easy to get materials, to requiring Legendary gifts.

Also Keep in mind Legendary weapons cost around 339 skill points to get(if you have the insanity to go for one).