Create a Character on another server...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: jamierawr.4639

jamierawr.4639

…without transferring your existing character/s to that server?

can this be done?? i have 4 character slots out of 5 free, but i cant seem to create a new character on another server

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

No, you can not. You choose your homeworld for your account not your characters.

Posted by: Cyril.1802

Cyril.1802

This is not possible, all characters will be on the same world. In the future guesting will be introduced, allowing you to play on other servers with people that you know.

jamierawr.4639

well thats a kind of a downer, since i got friends playing on different servers, need to convince one of them to move

Posted by: Solonite.8072

Solonite.8072

I did hear someone on the GW2 website that you can be a guest on their server with your characters (the 4 you created) but you can’t participate in any PvP.

You can transfer your characters properly at a cost of gems (I think it’s still free at the moment tho) but you must be on one server, you can’t have multiple servers at the same time.

Posted by: Cyril.1802

Cyril.1802

I see how it could be considered a downer, but when guesting is introduced this problem will be resolved. Then you will be able to do all things with your friends on other servers except WvW, this you can only do with people in your homeworld.
You could try to join your friend on an overflow server, not sure if this is possible though.

jamierawr.4639

I see how it could be considered a downer, but when guesting is introduced this problem will be resolved. Then you will be able to do all things with your friends on other servers except WvW, this you can only do with people in your homeworld.
You could try to join your friend on an overflow server, not sure if this is possible though.

true, i guess joining my friend on a overflow server is possible using the join in option while in a party

but ill see if i can convince one of them to switch servers while its still free

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

In the end (once guesting is up) the only difference between servers is the WvW and whatever guild influence/purchases you have.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Yeah switching might be best otherwise you just have to wait until guesting is enabled.