Create now or wait till HoT?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

So I was thinking that I would like to make a Druid once the option is made available but I am not sure if it makes more sense to:

• Wait for HoT, Tome it up to 80 and play from scratch on expansion day one?
    or
  • Start the character now as a plain Ranger and switch it over to Druid once I am able to do so?

Just FYI, I already have a Ranger and I am content with her play style as is so I have no desire to change her over to a Druid. I do understand that you can swap back and forth between Ranger and Druid but from a roleplaying perspective, that is just not an option. Swapping Specializations all willy nilly just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the help.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I would create a ranger now and play to 80, or even tome to 80, but open some maps, get WPs gear up and so on, so when HoT starts you’ll have a good base for your Druid.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

No reason to not create now. HoT will be adding new story onto the stuff we already have, it’s not like you’ll miss anything by doing the current story since everything takes place afterwards.

Plus if you start now you’ll have the hero points to unlock druid so you can play it sooner.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Remember that leveling to 80 only gives 400 Hero Points. 465 points are needed to finish the Core Training and Traits. So you can do some Map explore/Skill Challenges to get points and get some Ranger practice.
Then you will only have to worry about the Elite/Druid Specialization training. Is that with Hero points too? I think so.

The hardest decision is Which Race to play!!!! ARGGH!

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you’re not going to be switching back and forth, you might as well start now unless there are roleplay considerations. Starting later won’t get you any advantages and starting now means you can possibly have a char at level 80 when the expansion arrives and ready to be a Druid.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yes, all sound advise thank you. I guess I will be starting my Pre-Druid now.