Creating a Necro

Creating a Necro

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Spentar.5209

Spentar.5209

Q:

So im in the process of making a necro and a page comes up asking me if i want to be a trickster, a skull, or ghostly wraiths necro. Im not sure which is the best or what suits me. the goal of this account is to be a minion master so, i was wondering if one of these choices would be the best suit.

Creating a Necro

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

The only thing that this choice influences (as far as I am aware) is what your initial face mask looks like and depending on which race you have chosen some will be more obvious then others. I don’t think the choice changes any of the personal storylines you may come across.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Creating a Necro

Posted by: Spentar.5209

Spentar.5209

Ok, so its just a look thanks for the help.

Creating a Necro

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Its based on looks, keep in mind each race the mask looks different. (The mask on norns looks like the devil, it is awesome). Charr mask faces are just amazing.

But yeah, you should keep those. I kept the skull with my necro and made him look like a voodoo witch doctor, i get asked questions about my armor all the time. So yeah, initial character creation is the only way you can get those mask, so keep them!

Creating a Necro

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

So im in the process of making a necro and a page comes up asking me if i want to be a trickster, a skull, or ghostly wraiths necro. Im not sure which is the best or what suits me. the goal of this account is to be a minion master so, i was wondering if one of these choices would be the best suit.

Minions are unfortunately borked right now. They often do not attack. As with the engineer targeting bugs, a lot of these path-finding bugs happen when the target is not on the exact same Z plane as the player (or minion). Until ANet gets this issue resolved, you’re probably not going to be particularly “effective” as a minion master. You can make it work but you’ll definitely feel inferior to other necromancers. Just a heads up on that.

Creating a Necro

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Minions are unfortunately borked right now. They often do not attack. As with the engineer targeting bugs, a lot of these path-finding bugs happen when the target is not on the exact same Z plane as the player (or minion). Until ANet gets this issue resolved, you’re probably not going to be particularly “effective” as a minion master. You can make it work but you’ll definitely feel inferior to other necromancers. Just a heads up on that.

Nevertheless, they are quite useful at the early levels for soaking up aggro, giving you some breathing space while learning to play the game (It is easy enough to kill most mobs before they are done with your creepers)

Polka will never die