Crystalline Ingots for Nevermore *SOLVED

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

All I need to finish The Nevermore Staff is the Gift of Maguuma Mastery and my jaw dropped when I saw what you have to do.

How did you guys get 250 Crystalline Ingots? Those are all I need to finish

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Dragon Stand

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It took me some doing as well for HOPE. Basically I ran enough DS to get the ore (you can also get hunks of it from doing the last part of the HoT story). I cleaned out my bank of crystals and orbs and incandescent dust (JCs use that to promote crystals to orbs), sold off mats I didn’t need for HOPE, sold off some old BL skins I hadn’t yet used and was willing to give up, and bought up orbs to use in the new MF recipe that sometimes procs 25 amalgamateds.

Basically I ground out those things I could reliably grind, sold off resources, and put in buy orders over a period of time for the components I couldn’t reliably grind, dipping down to well below my preferred gold minimum in my wallet. I don’t remember how long it took once I buckled down to it, which I did as of the April update, but it can’t have been more than a week or two.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I mean the currencies for the fulgurites are easy to come by, crystalline ore is also pretty easy to get in DS. The only “hard” part is the amalgamated gemstones, but really those are just expensive really. It sounds like a lot but its not that bad if you work towards it diligently

Angelica Dream.7103

OK I have zero Crystalline Ingots won Dragon Stand 4 times. What am I missing?

@Donari. What are JC’s?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

@Donari. What are JC’s?

Are you looting the final big chest? Sometimes people miss that. Also do as many noxious pods as possible.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

JC = Jeweler (or Jewelcrafter). You automatically know how to transform gems to their higher tier.

You don’t loot the ingots (unless you are very lucky?), you make them using the recipe found at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ingot (more than one craft discipline can do it). What you’re collecting in DS is the ore part of the recipe.

Posted by: Asclepios.4295

Asclepios.4295

@Donari. What are JC’s?

What you missed is that you’re probably not opening the noxious pods. They have plenty and make it fast and easy to have the ingots.

Angelica Dream.7103

Yes I was not opening the noxious pods.

I think i have a handle on this. Thanks everyone!