Cultural armor T1 won't transmut

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Hi all,

I was under the impression that cultural gear of any level was transmutable, since a friend of mine bought T1 for his charr and kept transmuting it to new gear while leveling, but I bought T1 cultural armor for my sylvari thief, tried to transmute it and…. the tranmsute button stayed greyed out.

I thought this might be a gear level problem, so I tried transmuting all kinds of levels but to no avail. Gear level 10 or 60, and with different rarity, it doesn’t work.

The gear was of course all medium since it’s a thief, same as the cultural pieces, and I am using basic transmutation stones, since the T1 is level 35.

Could this be a bug?

Recruiting for raid team here.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Maybe its beause of your original gear youre trying to transmute it with.I think if you wear gear that youve gotten from a quest youre unable to transmute it.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Can you take a screenshot?

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You can’t transmute it to items you bought from NPCs that don’t have slots for upgrades i think.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A few possibilities:

1. Did you actually select how you want the item transmuted? You need to double click the stone/crystal, click and drag the two items to the two windows and then click on the skin, the stats and the upgrade (if any) that you want to keep so they move into the middle. Until you’ve done all of that you can’t click transmute because the game doesn’t know which parts you want to keep.

2. To use a Transmutation Stone both pieces of gear must be under level 80. If either of them is level 80 you need a Transmutation Crystal.

3. Is it the right armor type? You can only transmute heavy with heavy, medium with medium and light with light.

4. Is either piece of armor soulbound to another character? Only the owner can transmute it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”