Cultural gear transmutation not working?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

I’m hoping to get some help here. I just bought my first set of cultural gear, but when I try to transmute it nothing happens.

I set up the transmutation like I always do, and it even says “Good” and allows me to continue. It just doesn’t actually work (the transmutation stone is not consumed either).

I’ve tried it with both basic and fine transmutation stones. Can anyone please help? I was really looking forward to this and spend a fortune on the cultural set.

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

You have to remove the gear you’re wearing, and they have to at least be the same level (or below). You can’t transmute to a higher level.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

You have to remove the gear you’re wearing, and they have to at least be the same level (or below). You can’t transmute to a higher level.

Removal of gear is correct, but you can transmute to armor you can’t yet equip. My thief is wearing Berserker Duelist armor, that’s level 75+ (bought from the trading post). My thief is only level 36. (another example, my level 49 necromancer is wearing the Order of Whispers leggings, level 80 armor)

The only potentially tricky part is that if the high level armor has runes, you may need to have runes on the lower level armor as well — the transmutation process balks if the high level runes are too much for the low level stuff.

(edited by Nkuvu.2570)

Digital Dragon.2697

Ah, cool. Wasn’t aware you could use higher armor.

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

Ah, thank you! Removing the gear first helped. That’s weird, since I used to transmute a particular helm without ever removing it, so I didn’t think I needed to.

Digital Dragon.2697

You used to not have to, not sure when it changed though.

Posted by: BTT.2175

BTT.2175

Believe they changed it because people were messing around transmuting cultural sets of other races resulting in naked chars or so.