Dailies

Dailies

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: jrat.3097

jrat.3097

How do I go about tracking dailies, I am only lvl 22 and as I progress thru the zones Im getting daily kill bonuses but not sure why or how??

Dailies

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Go to achievements, pretty sure it’s a tab under Hero

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dailies

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

press “H” to bring up the hero panel, and from there there is a tab down the side called achievements. that lists your dailies, as well as monthly and any other progress on achievements.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Dailies

jrat.3097

Ok, I am looking at daily kills at 5/10, what am I killing to get this?

Dailies

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

anything that dies when you hit it, although not things like rabbits

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Dailies

jrat.3097

Is there a way to see what type of enemy I need to kill to progress?? Stuck at 6/8.

Dailies

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hey jrat – there’s no specific type. as long as you kill 15 (for the full tier) different types of enemies, you’ll get the daily achievement for that category.

and nottsgman, i haven’t ever really field-tested this, but killing rabbits and other little helpless animals actually help! (sadly though cause they’re so innocent… lol. : ((( ). also to note though, if for example you see “Corruped ____”, even if they have different names, and look different, they’re all categorized as risen. and only counts as just 1.

same for say for e.g. Veteran Jungle Wurm, vs Wurm Hatchling – i think they just count as one category. you can easily do this in the starting areas as running along any given path will usually net you different types of enemies. as each “area” is usually a home to different mobs. you can even attack “friendly” enemies (yellow) and then they turn red. when you kill them, they count towards this achievement as well. don’t forget to jump in the water to sabotage underwater wildlife too!

and just to note – the other dailies are relatively self explanatory as well. i don’t have the exact category names but more or less:

• Kill 60 enemies – all the white animals that die in one hit should count towards tis as well. you’ll usually get this during normal gameplay
  • iirc, harvest/mine 20 times – note each time you harvest on average, will yield you 3 ores, logs, etc (with the exception of food, which is only 1), and so you only need to find 6+ nodes.
  • complete 5 events total – if you find a nice event chain, remember where it is and you can easily get this done as well

once you get the full tier for all 4 categories, you’ll get the daily achievement. rewards include a small amount of coin, 1 mystic coin, some nice XP and 1 karma jug. am i missing anything? hope this helps!

even more notes on the rewards:

• mystic coins can be used towards crafting various items including legendaries and named exotic weapons using the mystic forge and what not.
  • jugs of karma, if you plan to save up a lot, can be used with and are affected by karma boosters, guild banners as well as guild influence. i’m currently saving up a bunch of jugs and hopefully using them in one go to maximise : ))
Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Dailies

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

They do, actually.
The number of times I’ve triggered the “kill variety” daily from a rabbit or squirrel or whatever being too close to combat is pretty high. So I tend to kill them when I’m running about now just because I can.

Dailies

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

They do, actually.
The number of times I’ve triggered the “kill variety” daily from a rabbit or squirrel or whatever being too close to combat is pretty high. So I tend to kill them when I’m running about now just because I can.

Odd, I never noticed such a thing. I’d shoot a rabbit every now and then but don’t see it counting for my kill variety (kill count maybe?).

Overpaid, Underplayed

Dailies

akamon.2769

@myng – kill count for sure. and i believe shooting rabbits, raccoons, etc also add to variety. i used to think it just added 1/15, i name them of the “critters” variety. however, now, trying to get the indiscriminate slayer title, i pretty much hit everything i see O___o i swear, i’m not a heartless Norn! and i get the kill variety a lot faster. will field-test this and confirm again.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Dailies

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

No need to test. Each critter “type” counts as a different kill variety.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Dailies

akamon.2769

kewl, thanks for the confirm! : ))
i’ll more than take your word for it.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Dailies

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just to compile and clarify what’s been said here there are 2 ‘daily kills’ catergories.

1) Daily Kills.
To get this one you need to kill 60 things, and it can be anything. Enemies of any type, passive animals, other players in PvP or WvW, anything you can attack until it goes down. If you really wanted to you could camp a spawn point and kill the same thing 60 times but that would be extremely boring.

2) Daily Kill Variety.
This one is a bit different. You have to kill 15 different types of enemies. Some of them are grouped together, so for example if you kill an Ice Drake then an Ice Drake Hatchling that will only count as 1. I don’t think anyone has made a complete list of all the catergories yet so I’m not 100% sure what counts as a group (for example I don’t know if killing an Ice Drake and then a River Drake counts as 1 or 2). But in every map there are more than enough types of enemy for you to complete the achivement so if you just keep playing and moving around you’ll get it sooner or later.

In both cases through your progress is tracked automatically. You don’t have to do anything special to start it off or track it, it just happens. Same with the other titles so you’ll sometimes see things like ‘Bandit Slayer’ or ‘Shiverpeaks Explorer’ pop up in the corner too as you gain progress in those titles.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Dailies

Posted by: Tanqueray.4837

Tanqueray.4837

Also, if you look at the right side of each progress bar (there are dozens, if not hundreds under the various achievement sub-headings) you will see a Tier rating (number of tiers varies). Some also have a crown symbol, which means that when you max out that set of tiers, you gain a title.

Dailies

Posted by: SanctumSyte.5019

SanctumSyte.5019

For the Kill Variety killing an ice drake and a river drake would only count as 1, they’re both drakes. Its the same if you were to go into an orr map. You could kill a risen chicken or a risen acolyte and it would make no difference since its all risen.

Killing white named mobs definitely count towards the daily kill count and daily kill variety. Killing a hawk and rabbit would count as 2 in the variety.

Dailies

LithePanther.5027

Which is why you can’t do your daily completely in Orr.

:’(

Dailies

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Things like rabbits count toward Kill Variety, but not total Kill Count. The variety is sometimes a pain. Run quests all day long in Orr and you’ll be stuck at 1 cuz everything is classified as Undead/Risen. If you look at your Slayer tab, they list various enemy types and how many of each you’ve killed. Those are probably also the major breakdowns for Kill Variety types.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dailies

LithePanther.5027

Actually Orr has 4 types.

Dailies

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Starter areas are good for getting kill variety (and the rest of the daily) pretty fast.

Dailies

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’ve hit 5 in Cursed Shore. Not sure how I did it, but I did.

Dailies

akamon.2769

ahh, good point on those who brought up the Slayer Achievements. Those would be the categories or the various “Types” of enemies that we can encounter in-game at this point in time. so you can always refer to that list as a general breakdown of what counts as a different t ype of enemy as we leave trails and trails of dead bodies behind out pathsD

thanks for the summary and all the info peeps.
: )) i usually run to starting areas if i’m missing kill variety. or to Orr if i’m missing events. after any given play session, i’ll try to finish my dailies asap before i need to log.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Dailies

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I’ve hit 5 in Cursed Shore. Not sure how I did it, but I did.

elementals
risen
ooze
ghosts?
And, there’s that skill point that has you destroy a cannon, which may count as something I guess?

Dailies

LithePanther.5027

Are there critters in Orr?

Because I can’t come up with a 5th mob type. Non-living things (i.e. cannon) don’t count afaik

Dailies

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I usually hit 7 or 8 in Orr (Leap and Shore): Elementals, Risen, Sparks, Orrian Guards, Spirits, Ooze, …. um, I can’t think of the other two. /shrug

Dailies

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I killed a risen raptor near the Cathedral of Silence vista last night and it completed my daily variety for that day. I’d killed all sorts of other risen on the way down so I’m not sure why this one counted as a different variety.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast