Daily Achievements and Tomes of Knowledge

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Hi all,

I really like Tomes of Knowledge (and I mean <i>really</i> like them!) but I’m unclear on what determines whether the daily achievement reward chests contain a tome of knowledge of not (i.e., whether the daily will reward a Transcendent Chest of Knowledge).

AFAIK these reward chests only come through WvW achievements though the wiki is far from clear as to which achievements will trigger them. I WvW a lot but don’t pay a lot of attention. Are these only awarded for the Daily Keep Capturer achievement?

Is there any other way to get these through dailies in either PvE of sPvP?

Cheers,

kiwi

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

Posted by: Ceryia.8431

Ceryia.8431

Transcendent Chest of Knowledge only comes from WvW dailies this comes from the Daily WvW Keep Capturer.

For conquest you got Rank-Up Chest’s which are rewarded from ranking up in the conquest system, the size of the chest changes from rank 1-9 10-30 and 30+ I believe containing more rewards to compensate for the time it takes to rank.

Chest of Grand Experience is a login reward which you will see how many days you need when logging in.

And then there is Chest of the Mists which is a Fractal rewards I believe? Though I’ve not yet hit 80 so unsure.

These are all the dailies I know that give the Tome of Knowledge, but I believe there is a Karma vendor who sells them as well in a bag, but not sure. But there are many places to get the tomes from… I mainly use them when I’m a little short of the next Personal Story mode and not feeling like waiting

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Seras Nightwhisper.

Server – Seafarer’s Rest
Main – Senstara [Ranger]
Guild – Legends of Absolute Glory [LAG]

(edited by Ceryia.8431)

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

You can mouse over the chest icon in the achievement and it’ll tell you what the rewards are.

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Thank you to both of you. I’m pleased and humbled to be educated on this (including by a new player ; )

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419