Damage?

Damage?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kali.6209

Kali.6209

So i am playing a thief that recently reached 80 and I was wondering what kind of numbers should I be seeing when attacking people at lvl 80 (not downlevled) like in Arah.
I was just wondering because sometimes it feels like i’m not contributing that much in terms of damage and thats really all i do in dunjes. I use S/D and the numbers I see are around 300-400 when not critting but i crit a lot and so really i usually see 700 – 1000. Is this ok?

Damage?

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

A bit of input.
I have an 80 thief wearing Valkyrie Armour with runes of Vampirism. Trinkets are all zerk, weapons (daggers) are also zerk. I am not traited as glass canon (15 trickery, 20 in vitality, and I can’t remember the rest, should be something like 20 in precision and the rest in power). Normal attack is 700 – 9xx. I crit for around 5k.
So yes, you can do a lot better than that. With thieves and with any class for that matter, it’s fundamental to try stuff out and see how much power and critical chance and critical damage you can get by without being dead 50% of the time. Experiment more!
The mists gives you free armor and weapons and you can retrait as much as you want. Use the golems for the numbers. Once you find something nice (don’t directly go into glass canon), buy some rares and see how you do in dungeons and tweak your build.

EDIT: It could be faster if you could just post your build.
Use this:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Also this topic should go on the thieves sub forum, you’ll get a lot more help there.

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Damage?

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I’m thinking you’re in greens/blues. Upgrading to exotics will give you a big damage increase

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.