Dark dyes

Dark dyes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vermintide.5023

Vermintide.5023

Q:

I’m looking for a nice dark dye, Abyss seems to be the popular black dye, but it costs more money than I have ever even had so far.

Are there any alternatives? I’ve tried googling around and checking the wiki but it’s hard to get a feel for which dye will look right without seeing it on an actual in-game model; I don’t want to waste a ton of money buying a dye that doesn’t even look right.

Basically I want to have my guy sporting a nice dark-brotherhood style red and black. I know it’s superficial but not having the right colour is harming my enjoyment of the game! I wanna play dress up kitten and these brown earthy colours are not helping my thiefly looks.

Attachments:

Dark dyes

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

A:

You can preview dyes from the Trading Post now
Just right click and hit preview. It doesn’t give you all the dye channels on your gear – just fully colors each piece, but it should give you an idea of what it will look like on your gear.

Dark dyes

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I find midnight olive works well as a dark dye thats fairly common and has the advantage of being just a “fine” dye.

The dark parts of my outfit are it. Down side is that on some materials it fades to a brown (though dark brown)

Attachments:

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

Dark dyes

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Midnight Ice is very similar to Abyss and costs about half as much. Black dye is also about the same price as Midnight Ice. There are also a number of dark dyes with some color to them. Most use the “midnight” prefix, so you can look for them on the TP using the search word midnight, then preview them to see how the color reacts with the material of your armor. Be aware that most colors react differently depending on what you put them on. Midnight Violet looks almost black on some pieces, but looks like a medium purple on others. Thus, it’s best to make sure the color works for you on the armor pieces you plan to wear.

Dark dyes

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

As Dasorine and IndigoSundown have said, different dyes have different results/effects on different items.

Below is my Necro’s Magic Find gear using Brick, Midnight Gold, Bronze and Calfskin.
Not a bad red/black-ish result on my monitor.

Good luck finding what works for you.

Attachments:

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Dark dyes

Posted by: Vermintide.5023

Vermintide.5023

Ah so you can preview dyes now. D’oh!

Cheers folks.

Dark dyes

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I would try Midnight Yew . Its reativly cheap and has a pretty dark color to it at least on medium armors

Dark dyes

Posted by: Heiijeil.8291

Heiijeil.8291

I found this on another forum, it was very useful for me – although of course you still have to preview the specific dye to see how it would look on your particular armor.

http://i.imgur.com/dyUUE.jpg

Midnight Fire dye is a great red-based dark dye for the light Whispers armor.

Attachments: