Dealing with your party members

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

alright, this is just i guess a kind of “attention seeking, ranting post, trying to find someone to relate, pity, need help” post.
lately when i do a dungeon run with or without my guild mates and have to pare up sometimes with randoms or go into a “randoms” party – I feel like i am harvesting up Game Rage. And since League of Legends (which i stopped playing before Guild Wars 2 because it caused me Game Rage) i haven’t had Game Rage but its not the map or the whats happening.
Its mostly either the players lack of communication or the party members don’t keep a flying you know what about what you ask. whether its your request not to skip a point or to use a specific tactic\sync skills with other party member who is same class as you.
And its that lack that makes me sometimes throw myself from the fun feeling i get from Guild Wars 2 and put myself in a place where i say “why are there people like this on Buy to Play games?”.
I feel like i just don’t want to go do dungeon runs because of people like this (which will never happen because dungeons are one of my favorite things in any game).
But it sometimes get to a point where i just feel like i wish i could report people for this things and if you were in my or Guildies position i’m pretty sure you would feel like that was cyber bullying.

In short how do you deal with people in a party who are simply unbearable. does it worth leaving a party in explorer mode or at all because of bad communication or attitude party members?

hope you understood something from this rant, thanks for reading everything.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Welcome to the world of pick-up groups.

Sadly, it doesn’t always work out well in these groups. Assuming you don’t have a guild (always good to run with guild members):

1) If you think it’s going to be more pain than not, just make a polite notice and drop-group, save yourself the bother.

2) When you have good runs, and gel with somebody, make sure you friend them. Build up a contact-list of people you’ve met in the game that you enjoy playing with inside and outside of dungeons.

3) Before running an instance with a PuG, talking to guildies (if possible), and then go through your contact-list. Guildies would be a good one, making sure everyone represents the guild, as you will earn influence for the run.

I haven’t had to pug more than 1 “random” member, except on one occasion when I did a PuG group… which I left rather quickly as soon as I saw it about to fall about. It’s not worth the repair bills. Just be courtesy when you get out of dodge

SunRain.8972

Welcome to the world of pick-up groups.

Sadly, it doesn’t always work out well in these groups. Assuming you don’t have a guild (always good to run with guild members):

1) If you think it’s going to be more pain than not, just make a polite notice and drop-group, save yourself the bother.

2) When you have good runs, and gel with somebody, make sure you friend them. Build up a contact-list of people you’ve met in the game that you enjoy playing with inside and outside of dungeons.

3) Before running an instance with a PuG, talking to guildies (if possible), and then go through your contact-list. Guildies would be a good one, making sure everyone represents the guild, as you will earn influence for the run.

I haven’t had to pug more than 1 “random” member, except on one occasion when I did a PuG group… which I left rather quickly as soon as I saw it about to fall about. It’s not worth the repair bills. Just be courtesy when you get out of dodge

thank you for the reply.

surprisingly on the internet i tend to get very innocent with people in dungeons. (mostly with the randoms i guess i should know better by now)
but i usually do a whole hour of calling up on guild members because that’s something we normally do is run regular runs in Orr, CoF, TA explo on daily basis and do it as a guild mostly. most of the guild members don’t bother show up if its a randoms party and you can see why.

ill remember the contact list i know look back on all the great parties i had in TA forward path’s not dying once and sigh at the fact i could have added them to contacts. Can you make some sort of “folders” in contact list?

Flowers will never grow

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

ill remember the contact list i know look back on all the great parties i had in TA forward path’s not dying once and sigh at the fact i could have added them to contacts. Can you make some sort of “folders” in contact list?

Unfortunately not, but you can set a nickname for them which will appear in place of the account name. You can use this to track where you met them for example.

SunRain.8972

Unfortunately not, but you can set a nickname for them which will appear in place of the account name. You can use this to track where you met them for example.

i didn’t know that. that makes things a lot easier

Flowers will never grow