Deleting characters to change world?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

I am a returning player and this time I bring my wife with me into the game.

She’s still on a free account, and after a while, I’ve just realized that we are in a different world. I’ve read that you can delete all of your characters to be able to switch world for free, but how about a free account? Is it still possible to do so?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Free accounts can not change worlds. If you are going to delete all characters then you might as well just create a new account.

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

Free accounts can not change worlds. If you are going to delete all characters then you might as well just create a new account.

Yeah, I guess it’s time to upgrade. She has amassed quite a sum of gold, it’ll be a waste to create a new account.

Thanks.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Free accounts are able to choose their world when first set up, however they cannot transfer to a different server by any method. After upgrading to a paid account, they receive one free transfer to any non-full world.

Kitten.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Free accounts are able to choose their world when first set up, however they cannot transfer to a different server by any method. After upgrading to a paid account, they receive one free transfer to any non-full world.

This. I’d strongly suggest going down this path, especially if they have earned enough gold to notice.

Also, if you can’t bring them to the world you want, you could put a ticket in with support and ask for help. They may be able to do something about it. (The forums are for player-to-player advice, mostly, and support tickets are what put you in touch with the anet GMs.)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind that if you are the one deleting characters, you’ll lose all character bound items and all birthday progress.

I still have all five of my launch weekend characters and am eagerly looking forward to five fifth birthday presents in August