Desert Rose Gone?

Desert Rose Gone?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

Is the Desert Rose skin no longer dropping in the game? I could find nothing to suggest it has been completely removed (just some of the more event-specific paths of obtaining it). However, I am well on my way to completing all of the Southsun Survival achievements and have not seen it, and when I check the trends on the Trading Post, the supply has dropped considerably and is going slowly but surely down. I understand that it’s supposed to be rare, but the Trading Post statistics especially makes me question if it’s gone beyond that.

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, they removed it from the southsun survival loot table.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Desert Rose Gone?

Jokubas.4265

Well that’s a shame. Did I miss something on the wiki, or has it just not been updated?

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Isn’t it in the laurel merchant? It hasn’t been in southsun as long as I know since the event last year was over.

Desert Rose Gone?

Jokubas.4265

I’ve seen the Fervid Censer on several vendors, but I got that one when it was new. I haven’t seen the Desert Rose anywhere but the Trading Post, and it’s disappearing there as well.

Edit: It is apparently on vendors that use the old currency, but that’s only for people who were playing back then and might still have some of that currency laying around.

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

There are a lot of seasonal and storyline items that are no longer available. The items for the colored ascended blades, the scarlett headpiece, tons of weapon skins. There’s no promise that any of them will return. They may just be a reward for veteran players.

I wasn’t even aware the Desert Rose was available in any capacity for months. Why is there a sudden complaint about this among many discontinued items?

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Because they start getting more expensive.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The Desert Rose was only available from the Zephyr Sanctum event AFAIK.

I bought mine last year when the event was again online, and the prices were
falling down.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I sold mine for a few gold. But of course I had no idea they would remove it from all loot tables subsequently.

One – Piken Square

Desert Rose Gone?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yes the desert rose no longer drops from Southsun Survival. They briefly reintroduced it for people that missed out on LS1 alongside the Zephyr Rucksack backpiece but it was temporary and now gone.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Desert Rose Gone?

Jokubas.4265

I wasn’t even aware the Desert Rose was available in any capacity for months. Why is there a sudden complaint about this among many discontinued items?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but for me it’s because I don’t play often and use the wiki when I want to quickly look up something I don’t recognize, and I see nothing on the wiki saying it’s no longer available. I’ve found the wiki to usually be an efficient resource for this kind of thing. It certainly was in Guild Wars 1. I even used Google when I started getting suspicious, and I couldn’t find anyone saying it stopped dropping there either. It made sense that you won’t be able to purchase it from vendors that require a currency that is no longer obtainable, less obvious that it’s no longer an extremely rare drop from an activity that is still in the game (especially considering all of the season one rewards now on the laurel vendor).

(edited by Jokubas.4265)