Devona's Rest Frustration (Population)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Spann.2537

Spann.2537

Devona’s Rest really feels like a ghost town. Whenever I go into WvW the maps are usually dominated by another server and there are very few people in trying to take something back. High level PvE content seems to be slow going as well. Think it may be time to move on.

Any other servers to avoid?

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

Just look at the top 3 servers and transfer when they are not full.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

yeah, take mickey’s advise and transfer to the top 3 winning servers. you’ll never get to play within a reasonable time in the wvw, but you’ll be winning!!!

devona’s isn’t that bad. i’m there. i’ve done all the events on cursed shore with random people, and have done them with guild members as well. wvw is fun, even though we lose. no queues, a small tight knit community, and great fights to be had.

have fun on henge of denravi, i guess.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Spann.2537

“Small Tight Knit” – Exactly Small is the right word. I am not saying I want to go to the top 3 whatever those may be. Not even sure how you find that out. I just want a more active server.

Mickey.4207

Or take Gao Gao’s advice…. and end up in same situation.

I must ask though. What is better? playing on full or high sever and wait a bit longer to get in W v W or get in instantly and run around in empty W v W map?

Make up your own mind.

Gao Gao.4973

a bit longer actually means more than an hour of a wait. and you are straight up lying if you feel devona’s is empty in wvw during prime time.

it isn’t. we took our garrison and all related towers last night. nobody was there, it just happened on its own. totally empty.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Mickey.4207

Why are you accusing me for lying? lol

OP said it is a ghost town so i am assuming it is and helping him to find a more populated server.

I am on Far Shiverpeak and it is always full. I wait anywhere between 15 to 20 mins to get in and sometimes only 5 minutes.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I’m on Devona, and I eventually figured out that while the defense of our own borderlands is pretty much a lost cause, you can find small-scale skirmishes on the invader side in the Kaineng borderlands.

I’m brand new to WvW and I don’t have a guild, but I’ve been able to join in with little bands at the spawn point, gradually learn the ropes and begin a tiny badge collection.

The invader spawn point is closer to the action as well – running by yourself all the way from the central keep to the one and only battle marker only to get instantly ganked and have to make the run again is depressing for a beginner. But as an invader you can be right back in the fight.

I’ll admit I had considered a server transfer before trying the invasion side – but the flip side is that there’s never any queue.

Spann.2537

I rather queue and have wars then have no queue and hope I can find a small band skirmish.

Gao Gao.4973

if you are on devona without a guild, then it’s not going to be fun for you. either join one, or just move on. no offense, but the only thing that hurts devona or kaineg is organized groups leaving, not individuals.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Spann.2537

I am in a guild. The server hasn’t improved since it went up and I don’t expect it to anytime soon.

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

Wait for prime time in your time zone, go to world selection screen and sort server list by population size. If you want short WvW queues , don’t mind about WvW ranking or prefer not to be in the Overflow server much then go to a medium population server. If you like a lot of action in WvW, and don’t mind queues, go to one of the high population ones.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

Everybody left the losing servers for better wvw servers.

Give it a while.

When people keep transferring to Henge of Denravi and realize they have to sit for 4 hours in queue they will transfer back.

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

The weekend on Devona was packed. Idk what it was like in WvW though, since I haven’t played there yet (learning all the professions skills first).

I will say though, that I find the week days pretty quiet, and I like it. Throughout the week I don’t really get thrown to overflow, but over the weekend I noticed it happening a lot. I think it’s great actually.

Spann.2537

My goal is is to get on a server that has a good population during my play times. So Campana helped a lot there. I will try that suggestion.