Did my Sylvari Gaurdian get fat?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lothrin.1285

Lothrin.1285

Why is it costing me more to travel to a waypoint as I level up? That same waypoint used to cost 12 copper and now it’s 1 silver and change. Has the waypoint gods had to work harder to teleport my fat butt there now or something?

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think it’s so the waypoint costs can be scalable. 6-12c is not even peanuts for a higher level character, but it can be relevant for a character of very low level. I assume the reason they scale the costs per level is so that it still charges you an amount that is roughly the same percentage of your expected income.

It’s kind of like how someone who earned $1000 in a given period may only be taxed $10, but a person who earned $1000000 is taxed $10000. The higher earner still has to pay more, but both are paying an equal percentage of their income. In either case, the higher earner will still have more overall cash available.

It can be a bit bizarre at times though… For instance, I am at about level 55 right now, and it costs me 75c to teleport to a waypoint that is right next to me.

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

Just tell yourself it’s from the weight of all the souls you’ve taken.

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

Just tell yourself it’s from the weight of all the souls you’ve taken.

that’s why i rolled a necro. to take those souls with me everywhere i go.