Diessa Plateau tower vista down for the count?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Graymalkyn.8076

Graymalkyn.8076

The tower vista in Diessa Plateau has apparently been down for over a month now. Each time I try it, I get this on my screen: That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later. Because of this I can’t get full zone completion on this area. I’ve done a search and can’t find other posts related to this (which I found surprising), so figured I’d ask myself. Have the devs addressed this? Is there a fix in the works?

I’ve been told that a person’s opinion cannot be wrong. I am, therefore, always right.

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

It does work, in spite of that (admittedly misleading) message. You have to wait for the NPC there to shoot all of his cows, then find the “Interact” prompt on the side of the cannon.

Annoying, to be sure, but it shouldn’t stop you from getting completion.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Targren is right. Also, the mad guy tells you to get in from the sides, but you really have to do it from the front.

So, it’s still bugged, but it does work if you are in the right place (front) at the right time (after he flings all his cows around the neighborhood and gives his speech).

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

It’s not the Cattlepult that’s giving the message, it’s the NPC (that turns to Vendor). Just selecting the Cattlepult is enough to change what you’re interacting with.

Graymalkyn.8076

OK. That did work for one char, but when I took my main (the one I’m working on getting 100% completion) it didn’t. So yeah, it’s pretty buggy now, it would seem.

I’ve been told that a person’s opinion cannot be wrong. I am, therefore, always right.

Graymalkyn.8076

Thanks, btw, for the tip.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Well you still have to wait for all the dialogue and stuff then just click the cannon it should work, teleporting you to the vista after a brief load screen.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

1. watch dude shoot cows.

2. when he finishes shooting cows, bother the catapult until it lets you shoot yourself. Ignore the guy, he won’t help.

3. faceplant

4. profit

Graymalkyn.8076

I still get the text 3 times during his ‘speech’, and nothing afterward. I’ll keep trying tho…just very buggy I guess.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

at times you do have to wait for the harpy event to go through there for the catapult to reset.

just mentioning this because if the event bugs out (or the skill point on the hill for that matter) the catapult does get stuck unfortunately

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

These are the steps that worked for me:

1) talk to the NPC at the base of the tower and go through his dialogue
2) clear the event around the cowtapult (you’ll know it’s clear if the NPC has a merchant symbol above his head, although his stock is disabled)
3) wait for the NPC to finish his ambient dialogue and firing cows off
4) stand at the front of the cowtapult (this isn’t logical, but that’s where I got the interaction option)
5) select the cowtapult with your cursor and use your interact keybind
6) You should end up on top of the tower.

I only got the interact option after I had talked to the NPC at the base of the tower, but I’m not sure if that is actually required by the game, or if I wasn’t standing in the right spot next to the cowtapult. Good luck.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Since no one has posted a screenshot of the interaction area, I thought I would be nice.

Content disabled message is because they haven’t turned on the gambling part of the event yet.

Anyway, stand right there and you’ll be fine after the Mad Mardine turns into a merchant.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wolf.8432

Wolf.8432

It still does not work for me neither, im standing there for days already and no event pop up, it still says: The content is currently unavailable, please try again later.

any suggestions?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the content unavailable message isn’t to do with the use of the catapult, that is related to a gambling game that isn’t there.

the event that happens there is the key, as the catapult is only active for a short time after that. you have to wait until the event is done, and the assistant has gone to find more cows, then the catapult can be used (until he comes back).

if the event is bugged (not happening), then the catapult really is bugged. in that case, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for a server reset (15th Nov), that usually fixes all events.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I think this is the topic that helped me finally get this vista. So thank guys. It does work you need to ensure that you are interacting with and highlighting the cannon and not the npc. And to some other post somewhere where it was hinted that a cow costume potion was needed….. kitten you kitten you jerk. Lol