Differences between the Guardian and Warrior?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Breidr.9830

Breidr.9830

Q:

Aside from the obvious class mechanics. I’m trying to get a feel for each class and pick one to relearn the game on. I’ve looked on MetaBattke, but having never been mostly a living world PvE player way back when I don’t really know much about raiding and fractals.
I mainly just went questing on a warrior way back when, but with all the changes, I feel like I have to relearn the game.

I’ve watched some videos on professions by Mike the Fish, and why it was nice to watch, didn’t really help me differentiate the two. It did lead me to believe that both are easy to play. Didn’t seem that hard to do either the Berserker or the Dragon Hunter.

I just really can’t tell the difference between the two, as silly as it sounds. I’m trying to pick apart the differences and choose one. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do, and I don’t think I’ll roll an alt for sometime. The more I can do with this one before and during PoF the better.

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Warrior
More DPS than Guardian. Much more Weapons available to Warrior than to Guardian, allowing Warrior to act in more different Scenarios.

Guardian
Less DPS than Warrior. Much better sustain. Partialy focused on providing Team support with different boons and heals unlike Warrior.

Warrior is currently being used for Might stacking and DPS.
Guardian for boon stacking (like Stability, Aegis, Swiftness, etc.) and sustain.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

Warrior: More health (most in game), more direct dps. Better at ranged combat and easier access to CC skills. Also more of a straightforward fighter. He hits things or shoots things. The elite specialty (Berserker) also burns things. The warrior is easier to play.

Guardian: Least health of heavy classes. Depending on build, potentially EXTREMELY high burst dps. Also can focus on support and healing skills. Much more magic using class. While a warrior just hits things with his greatsword, the guardian can place magic marks on the ground to hurt foes, or hurl magical chains that drag foes to him with that same weapon. Not a lot of long range ability except for Dragonhunter Elite Specialty.

As far as simplicity- if you are focused on open world PVE, Warrior is a great choice. Guardians can do well, but their lower health makes them vulnerable to mistakes that a warrior would survive. If you are doing PvP or WvW, both classes get a lot more complicated.

All that said, if you just want a simple class to play, roll a Ranger instead. For basic PvE, there’s nothing easier to use.

(edited by CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617)