Directions for a returning player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lsephile.1462

lsephile.1462

I have stopped GW2 for about a year.
Was blown away when I updated the client and logged in today, there are so many changes to the game mechanics.
Where should I start reading to update myself? Haha… kinda lost at the moment.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Haven’t been playing for as long as you’ve been gone so I can’t give exact details (the update notes on the forums can, but that’s quite a read) I think the most vital ones are:

PvE/WvW
- Ascended Weapons and Armors are craftable (many guides/wiki-page available)
- New WvW map; Edge of the Mist (wiki-page availabe)
- Vigil Keep is the new Lion Arch, temporarity, lacks a few services such as Laurel Vendor and Crafting Stations without a pass, but racial-cities still have them.
- Soon to be: Berserker-nerf, just a warning in case you’re about to re-gear, in that case I’d wait out the nerf (affects any gear with Critical Chance/Damage if I recall correctly.)

PvP
- Glory is (soon to be?) removed, but I don’t PvP in this game so can’t help you out there.

Not too much I can think of, most updates revolve around Scarlet and the Living Story, you can read up about it, but sadly can’t replay chapters. I recommend just logging in and read up as specific questions arise.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Here you have a pretty good summary of all the past events

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

First thing first, open your Hero panel and retrait yourself before you even do anything. Take a good 15 minutes to contemplate the changes made in all the trait lines. Some are good, some will make you shake head…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids