Disappearing Map areas.

Disappearing Map areas.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mickk.6124

Mickk.6124

Ok, here is the problem.

I recently went back to an area I have pretty much completed on a previous occasion, in order to do the ‘boss round’ for that area, Boar, Oak, Spider, Troll, Bandit, Wasp, rinse and repeat, only to find that a good third of the map was covered by ‘the fog’ that indicates that it has NOT been explored.

The area in question was Queensdale.

It’s a little frustrating to go back to an area and find that you have to re-do a section.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Note that I have used the search function to look for an answer on this, but it doesn’t seem to be working for me for some odd reason.

If I have missed the answer somehow, point me in the right direction please.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Are you dead sure you were using the same character you cleared the map with?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Well, map completion is per character. You must have been on a different toon at the time.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Mickk.6124

Mickk.6124

Are you dead sure you were using the same character you cleared the map with?

I’m pretty sure, the character in question is my main character, a level 80 Norn warrior, so it is pretty well traveled, the odds of a lvl 80 char having NOT cleared a large percentage of Queensdale would be fairly small, or that is how it seems to me.

Of course, you may be right and I might not have cleared as much of Queensdale with this character as I thought.

I shall check my other characters when I crawl out of my cave in the morning.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

This has happened to me too! I was at 99% map completion on a character for MONTHS, even though I had completed the whole dang map. Eventually, I went to a section of the map and found that a number of waypoints I had already discovered were fogged and undiscovered all over again. This was a zone I had finished and gotten the reward chest for, that for no reason at all, I lost exploration on. When I re-explored the waypoints, I got my 100%

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

This has happened to me too! I was at 99% map completion on a character for MONTHS, even though I had completed the whole dang map. Eventually, I went to a section of the map and found that a number of waypoints I had already discovered were fogged and undiscovered all over again. This was a zone I had finished and gotten the reward chest for, that for no reason at all, I lost exploration on. When I re-explored the waypoints, I got my 100%

They do add new areas and wp’s to the map when they add guild challenges and jumping puzzles or other things. That is totally different from what the OP is referring to.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This happened to a guildie. He said Cursed Shore was fogged up for him on his main character. I’ve seen other older threads saying this happened to them.

Disappearing Map areas.

Weindrasi.3805

They do add new areas and wp’s to the map when they add guild challenges and jumping puzzles or other things. That is totally different from what the OP is referring to.

No. This has nothing to do with the added areas—those aren’t what prevented my map completion. An area that has existed since launch, that I discovered, fogged up again after I discovered it.
Furthermore the map area that re-fogged, the Cursed Shore, has received no additions due to guild challenge or living story stuff.

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

No. This has nothing to do with the added areas—those aren’t what prevented my map completion. An area that has existed since launch, that I discovered, fogged up again after I discovered it.
Furthermore the map area that re-fogged, the Cursed Shore, has received no additions due to guild challenge or living story stuff.

Cursed Shore had one or two extra WPs added.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Disappearing Map areas.

Weindrasi.3805

Cursed Shore had one or two extra WPs added.

Again. It was an area which had been there since launch, which I had already explored.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

… the odds of a lvl 80 char having NOT cleared a large percentage of Queensdale would be fairly small, or that is how it seems to me….

Of my 4 lvl 80 toons, only the first has 100% completion. the others are between 12% and 30%.

Disappearing Map areas.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m not sure how this is possible short of an account rollback situation.

I think a mistaken player’s memory about what character was exploring what map is a much more plausible explanation than some random loss of map exploration data in such a sporadic manner. I’m not saying it’s totally impossible, but I’m skeptical this is actually a bug in the game.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances