Disappearing mithril ore nodes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lunatuna.6823

lunatuna.6823

I was gathering in Straits of Devastation and could see 3 mithril ore nodes on my mini map. However after harvesting one the others disappeared from my mini map. It was time first time in SoD on this character and had harvested 3-4 mithril nodes. Later I came across a harvested mithril node in a part of the map I hadn’t been to yet!

What gives? Is this a bug or is the gathering of mithril ore gated somehow? I need it to advance my Jewelcrafting, so gating would suck if you are only allowed to gather a few a day.

Anyone know what’s up?

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

locations of nodes do change either fdaily or on server reset. maybe this happened? im not sure which or when or how it resets.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

lunatuna.6823

Are mithril nodes considered rare? It seems like the wood (cypress) and cooking nodes of the same tier spawn in a few hours.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

There are tons of Mithril nodes in level 70-80 maps , check your mini map settings so you can see resource nodes in the mini map.

lunatuna.6823

Sorry if I am not being clear. I am NOT seeing mithril nodes on my mini map. I can see wood nodes, cooking nodes and other ores like platinum just fine. so I don’t think it is a settings issue.

I am finding mithril nodes, but they appear harvested and I can’t interact with them – even in areas I have entered for the first time. My character is only 70, so I haven’t ventured into the other Orr zones yet.

Mithril is used to make level 70 jewelry. It should be available somewhere to a level 70, right?

(edited by lunatuna.6823)

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

If your not seeing nodes you can’t harvest, you need to contact support!

Check the Wiki on mining Mithril
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mithril_Ore_%28node%29

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

I am finding mithril nodes, but they appear harvested and I can’t interact with them – even in areas I have entered for the first time. My character is only 70, so I haven’t ventured into the other Orr zones yet.

How do you know they are mithril nodes when their are unselectable and appear as mined and don’t show on minimap?

And you say you character is lvl 70. Mithril nodes appear only on lvl 70-80 map, namely:
Cursed Shore
Malchor’s Leap
Straits of Devastation
Frostgorge Sound
Southsun Cove

I guess you don’t see mithril nodes on minimap or they apear “mined”, because they aren’t mithril node but some random decoration stones or place holders for next ore location change. The location of node changes at random and sometimes they are whole areas without them.

(edited by mapokl.3167)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Few other possible things to consider:

1. I think I’ve seen some odd behavior where I’m close to a zone border and might see nodes from other zones pop in and out of my radar, but realize they are in another zone.

2. You can get so far away from a node in height (z) that you won’t even see the little up/down carrot indicating the node is above or below you, though this mostly only happens under water.

3. I know this wasn’t the case in your example, but remember that ‘Rich’ ones can only be farmed, once a day, or 24 hours, I forget which (the difference being whether it’s a true 24 or resets when the dailies reset).