Dive Master Issues (Solved)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Resk.6412

Resk.6412

So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to confirm missed dive locations for the Dive Master achievement. I did a whole whack of them a while back, and I’m just finishing them off now. Problem is, I’m at 35/37 and have no idea which ones I’ve missed.

The problem becomes compounded by the fact that I’ve actually gone through tonight and done each of the 37 dive locations 3 times each, and yet I’m still stuck at 35. And before you ask, I’ve done the following:

- Made sure to do a move in the air to help get the dive to count
- Avoid jumping into shallow water and prematurely lose the goggles
- Had my achievement on the HUD to track any changes

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is becoming very annoying (and expensive).

Lyanna Dufaux
Henge of Denravi
[CATZ]

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Did you check whether or not the 2 divings in the secret garden jumping puzzle count?
I had to do them a second time for them to count even with using the skills and landing in the deep water.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/05/gw2-dive-master-achievement-guide/

And I saw a post the other day that dive 23 (I think?) is the place where you have to do 2 different ‘moves’ while diving to get credit for 2 different places?

It’s too bad they didn’t give us a better way to track them. I think the only way is to manually track them.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Also check this thread out: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Dive-Master-36-37

He said the one in Brisband Wildlands from the East End Waypoint needs the moves to complete.

Definitely check your Dive achievement after diving to make sure you got the dive.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im not sure if this one is part of the achievement, but check out the Southsun dive. You get a southsun achievement for it, but it may also have been added to the dive master. Put on goggles, dive into lava..and yes you die

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Resk.6412

Resk.6412

So, I managed to find the two I was missing last night. I’ve updated the thread title to reflect that.

I also thought I’d post some notes I learned in case anyone else is having problems.

- The Southsun goggles do not count for the 37 locations. This is for the “The Goggles Do Nothing” achievement only.
- Doing two moves for the Brisband Wildlands East End location is not necessary. I did one move on each dive location, and this was not one of the two I was missing.
- The biggest fault with dive locations is shallow water. Sometimes a jump looks correct and the landing puts you in deep water, but the achievement sees you being too close to shallow water and it doesn’t get counted.

Lyanna Dufaux
Henge of Denravi
[CATZ]

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Good info, Resk. Thanks for the update. When I did mine, I would check the Dive achievement after to see if it had ticked up one and if it didn’t I knew for sure I had to repeat it.

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

I have same issue. Just checked them all 3 times. I am at 37/38. They really should add something that says you the one you r missing.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

There is a new dive location in the Not So Secret jumping puzzle that was added yesterday.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

My situation:
I did all 37/37 diving locations several weeks ago.
I reached the diving goggles in the new Not So Secret puzzle, put them on, jumped, hit a platform and died.
Then I noticed I was at 38/38 diving locations.
Am I going crazy or do you not need to land this dive to get credit for it?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think people that already had Dive Master must have had it bumped to 38/38 without doing the puzzle. Maybe that was the simplest way to keep them titled for some reason? I know I saw someone post that s/he noticed the 38/38 before even getting to the platform.

I have been putting off working on Dive Master. I jumped blindly two or three times in Not So Secret, died each time. I don’t know how many dives I had credited beforehand, but I sort of thought it was 13, and now it’s 14, and I did fall in the water just doing the puzzle rather than from the dive platform. Still, I could have had 14 before.