Do Box of Armor give you a full set of armor?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dookies.2718

Dookies.2718

Q:

I know this may sound like a silly question but I wanted to be absolutely sure before I purchase one. For example would a “Box of Berserker’s Draconic Armor” give you 6 armor pieces with the exotic level 80 berserker stats? Or are they simply skins for transmute?

(edited by Dookies.2718)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Just skins. Would be pretty stupid to sell full exotic sets for gems, now wouldn’t it?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Paladin.5268

Paladin.5268

Tom, I think you miss understand the OP. He is talking about the crafted boxes of armor that armorsmiths can make once learned through the mystic forge. Knowing that this exotic armor usually sells for 3+ gold per piece, and some player is selling a box labled as “Exotic” for 10g, should raise a red flag.

There are posts about other players buying this box of armor with greed in their eyes thinking they are getting an Exotic set, when really they are only getting a rare set worth about 3-4g.

Stay away from any exotic box set for now until Anet changes how they label these crates. It is deceptive and currently Anet is unable to issue refunds for these purchases.