Do Chocolate Omnomberry Cream work?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I’m having doubt on this food.I am now farming southsun cove event where me and my guild mate are running MF set at different level.Both using event buff and booster.

Seeing from the Hero panel we compare our end MF rating.
Me 300% MF (340% if Chocolate Omnom work as intended)
Guild mate is around 400% MF after eating Omnom bar.

An hours passed and the booster ended He netted up 15+ rare. while I got only master works.

There was a thread saying that MF only work on kills.But I don’t know why mate always get a rare from riot event chest though.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

It is correct magic find has no effect on chests. This example is just RNG at work eventually if you two run enough it should even out. So this run you got very unlucky and he got lucky.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It does, it just doesn’t appear in the hero panel. This was confirmed by a dev the other week when they added MF to the hero panel.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Thanks for the answer.The next run really wasn.t bad got some rare occasionally from event chest now.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if he is ranged and you’re melee, he can tag MUCH more mobs than you, resulting in more credit for kills, and more loot.
this happened with my guildies in wvw :P
we all went in there, stuck together, then a while later I casually said something like “oh look, 33 badges”. they all said they had like 4-6. I was a LB/SB ranger, they were things like GS warriors and guardians.