Do food items on crit have Internal Cooldown?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Payne.5062

Payne.5062

For example:
Omnomberry Pie – Nourishment(30 m): 66% chance to steal life on critical.

The wiki doesn’t say anything about an internal cooldown which would imply that i can life steal with every crit but i have a weapon sigil that does mention a cooldown:

Sigil of Blood – 10% / 25% / 50% chance to steal life on critical hit (cooldown: 5s)

So my question is, do food items also have a hidden internal cooldown?

1. If YES then how many seconds?
2. What % do i leech is it 100% of the damage inflicted or is it a fixed value?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yes. Food didn’t have them originally but they were added as it was being abused.

For sigils.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil#Chance_on_critical_hit

For food, it’s two seconds.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_stealing

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Payne.5062

What about the amount? is it damage related or is it a fixed value like healing?

Ayrilana.1396

I’m seeing 325 damage/heal as standard. You can see by going to the wiki page for each of the food items.

Payne.5062

So that is a double DISAPPOINTMENT on both questions

1. The internal cooldown renders 100% crit chance useless
2. The fact that life leech in this game is a fixed value makes it a heal not a life leech at all because then it’s completely independent of the big damage you do

Might as well give up on both Leech Food and Blood Sigil then and focus on something that actually scales with my crit damage.

Ayrilana.1396

Try seaweed salad or its weaker version. You’ll get a 10% damage increase while moving which will require you to get used to strafing or moving back and forth while attacking.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sigil of Blood does scale.

Sigil of Leeching/Rune of Vampirism#4/Food doesn’t. This was supposed to have been fixed months ago but I am not sure if that fix didn’t actually get applied or if they reverted the fix.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sigil of Leeching/Rune of Vampirism#4/Food doesn’t. This was supposed to have been fixed months ago but I am not sure if that fix didn’t actually get applied or if they reverted the fix.

It scales based on healing power. Which doesn’t sound like what the TC was looking for, based on his reply later in the topic. Sounds like he was looking for it to scale with damage dealt, so that dealing more damage would mean more healing, since he said he wanted something that would scale with his crit damage.

I certainly don’t agree that it should scale with damage, since it’d either be so small as to be negligible in order to balance it with high damage builds or end up overpowered on full zerker builds, giving them too much healing with no investment in healing stats. But regardless it seems like that’s what he was hoping for.

Payne.5062

Yes, that is exactly what i meant.

Sry but i came from a long line of games where Life Leech meant leeching life from the damage dealt, so this was very confusing to me to learn that leech in this game is a passive heal.

Migh as well call it like this to avoid confusion:

50% chance to heal on critical hit (cooldown: 5s)
-instead off-
50% chance to steal life on critical hit (cooldown: 5s)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It scales based on healing power. Which doesn’t sound like what the TC was looking for, based on his reply later in the topic. Sounds like he was looking for it to scale with damage dealt, so that dealing more damage would mean more healing, since he said he wanted something that would scale with his crit damage.

I certainly don’t agree that it should scale with damage, since it’d either be so small as to be negligible in order to balance it with high damage builds or end up overpowered on full zerker builds, giving them too much healing with no investment in healing stats. But regardless it seems like that’s what he was hoping for.

Too much healing for no investment was the whole reason the food got cooldown in the first place even without scaling it was that good.

Yes, that is exactly what i meant.

Sry but i came from a long line of games where Life Leech meant leeching life from the damage dealt, so this was very confusing to me to learn that leech in this game is a passive heal.

Migh as well call it like this to avoid confusion:

50% chance to heal on critical hit (cooldown: 5s)
-instead off-
50% chance to steal life on critical hit (cooldown: 5s)

Except that would be wrong since it deals damage as well.

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

Khisanth is right. When steal life successfully rolls, mob takes additional damage which is granted to you as healing. So if you get ~385 life on that proc, mob takes ~385 damage on top of damage it received from the hit. That’s how “steal life” / leech behaves.

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.