Dreamthistle Skins - Price to sell

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

I’ve been on GW hiatus for a while, only recently coming back. I was never very rich (no more than like 250g in raw gold), but the last thing I was doing was flipping some Dreamthistle skins (notably, the dagger) which have now been officially removed. I have noticed that some people have listed Dreamthistle skins for 1000G each.
The dagger currently does not have any sellers, but buyers are only offering 300G for them. I was considering listing one for 1000G (according to GW2spidy, sell offers have been hovering around there), but that brings about a 50G listing fee which is quite substantial to me, and I wasn’t sure if people actually buy those skins for 1000G to begin with.
Does anybody have any advice for me as to how I should price this dagger? I could really use the gold, but I don’t want to make a rash decision and waste a huge listing fee or miss out on the item’s potential value.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/48961
looks like that skin is actually selling in the 800-1000g price (check the sell listing volume; whenever that drops, that usually means one sold). my advice:
if you want 100% chance to sell, list at ~800g
if you want a ok chance to sell, list at ~900g
if you want a low chance to sell, list at ~1000g
I believe the 1000g will eventually sell, but it’s not as guaranteed, and it will take longer than a 800g listing.
If that’s a significant amount of gold for you, you might want the 800g just for the guaranteed sale. think of it this way: you’re on a game show, and you have the choice of guaranteed $5 million or a 50/50 chance at $0 or $10 million. Odds say that it’s even between the two, but, $5 million is still a life-changing amount of money; the difference between 5 and 10 is far less than the difference between 0 and 5. But if you are already rich, then the difference between 105 and 110 is just about the same as the difference between 100 and 105.
on the other hand, listing for 1000g and having to relist for 900g would still give more gold than listing at 800g to begin with.

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

I listed it for 900g and less than 24 hours in I already got undercut :/ (to 875g)
Should I just be patient and wait?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I listed it for 900g and less than 24 hours in I already got undercut :/ (to 875g)
Should I just be patient and wait?

Yes. Supply can’t be very high and being undercut isn’t really unexpected. Give it time. Pulling and relisting each time you get undercut will eat up your money. This isn’t a fast moving market, Eventually those will be sold and then yours.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Sorry but as a buyer interested in a dreamthistle skin i will burst your bubble. You overpriced your skin hard. As most of sellers did. Now they’re just waiting for their gold. And they’ll wait all right. A looooong time. Here’s the deal:

What you’re selling there is a one handed weapon skin. That means that there’s an issue of a matching offhand weapon. Who wants to spend a fortune on a weapon skin when you know it’ll still look bad, because you are not willing to pay another near 1k gold for an offhand that matches it, rather then ruining the whole impression.

There’s also the issue of uncertainity about their return to tp. All a-net guarateed is that they will not appear back before 31.12.2014. Which is behind us now, so it’s wild west now – no guarantees these ridicilously priced skins are our true last shot at getting one.

The purchase offers you see there are the realistic value of an item. Anything is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. And that there are their prices. 400 gold which is offered on some items doesn’t just grow on trees. For some people it’s some serious hard work and dedication to get it and i can see why they refuse to go over that, especially for a weapon that needs matching offhand to have real purpose in the first place. And notice that with those prices the sellers are happily troddling into precursor price territory. And if someone wants a 1h dreamthistle + offhand? well in some cases that might be over the pre of precursor and close to some less popular legendaries. That is a barrier of reason few if any at all are willing to cross with their gold, but time will tell.

Ps. Yes i am bidding on dreamthistle weapon, but not the dagger. Nor a staff (regarding another topic where i expressed my dissatisfaction with prices on those).

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Sorry but as a buyer interested in a dreamthistle skin i will burst your bubble. You overpriced your skin hard. As most of sellers did. Now they’re just waiting for their gold. And they’ll wait all right. A looooong time. Here’s the deal:

What you’re selling there is a one handed weapon skin. That means that there’s an issue of a matching offhand weapon. Who wants to spend a fortune on a weapon skin when you know it’ll still look bad, because you are not willing to pay another near 1k gold for an offhand that matches it, rather then ruining the whole impression.

There’s also the issue of uncertainity about their return to tp. All a-net guarateed is that they will not appear back before 31.12.2014. Which is behind us now, so it’s wild west now – no guarantees these ridicilously priced skins are our true last shot at getting one.

The purchase offers you see there are the realistic value of an item. Anything is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. And that there are their prices. 400 gold which is offered on some items doesn’t just grow on trees. For some people it’s some serious hard work and dedication to get it and i can see why they refuse to go over that, especially for a weapon that needs matching offhand to have real purpose in the first place. And notice that with those prices the sellers are happily troddling into precursor price territory. And if someone wants a 1h dreamthistle + offhand? well in some cases that might be over the pre of precursor and close to some less popular legendaries. That is a barrier of reason few if any at all are willing to cross with their gold, but time will tell.

Ps. Yes i am bidding on dreamthistle weapon, but not the dagger. Nor a staff (regarding another topic where i expressed my dissatisfaction with prices on those).

Maybe so. But if you look at the graph, either people are placing then pulling the daggers or they are selling at or close to OP’s price.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/48961-dreamthistle-dagger-skin

For example, I see 2 for 990.02 on 12/9 then zero on 12/25. So those either sold or were pulled. My guess is sold.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

The purchase offers you see there are the realistic value of an item. Anything is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it.

If i got it right they have been – most likely – sold for 800-1000g. So that means that you are wrong when you say that they are only worth 400g, because as you have stated there seem to be people willing to pay way more than that for them, making them worth just that much according with your own definition.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Nice website, didn’t knew about it. Thanks for this useful tool!

On topic:
Well what i see is what happened after the 875 one went down. Offer on the 900g one was 40g lower then before. That’s a tell tale sign for me that the 875g one was sold to the 350g bidder and the one bidding after that is another person. Otherwise the 350g buyer would up his offer to get the dagger he still wants, not necessairly from this seller, but someone else who has one and looks at offers.

Also the chart shows clearly another thing we all know and see. Just because there’s one skin of certain type in stock, does not mean it’s really the last one there is for sale. Another factor contributing to unwilingness of people to cough up 1k gold for one.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

That’s a tell tale sign for me that the 875g one was sold to the 350g bidder and the one bidding after that is another person.

its far more likely that 2 skins were involved. the 875g one sold to some random person willing to cough up 875g, and someone sold another to the highest buy offer.

there are a lot of people who just sell to highest buy offer without checking into the items value. and people dont just take down their listing when its the lowest.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

ZeftheWicked.3076

I took a look around www.gw2tp.com and seems the pricier skins have been up for over a month – no one touching them, surprise suprise.

Seems the sellers are the ones who should check into their offering’s value. But guess they got time, a real lot of it.