Dye question

Dye question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Hi all!

I’m looking for two dyes, a silver one and a gold one. Which dyes get the best effect?

Have fun!

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Dye question

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I never use silver but there is a ‘silver’ dye. For gold I have used butter (and butter variants), white gold, illumination and redemption. The last 3 are my favorites. White gold is lighter and more understated as you would expect, illumination is a bright, light gold and redemption is a darker more orangy gold.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Dye question

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Different dyes appear differently on cloth, leather and metal armors. I love the way Banana dye looks on my warrior’s scale armor. Very shiney gold.

Dye question

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Daffodil is also a nice gold. For silver try burnished steel or graphite.

Dye question

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

It really depends on what you’re looking for. I’ve actually always really liked the standard antique gold for any metal I wanted to look like gold.

http://carsen.dreamhosters.com/game/gw2/dye.htm this site has the codes you can put into chat and then right click to preview. So if you’re not sure if you’d rather use Butter or Illumination, it’s a good way to try before you buy, so you can see what you like on your armor.

Dye question

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Banana does a pretty good gold on leather and metal. The various lighter greys can do good silvering on reflective metal.

Dye question

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

Dye question

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

It really depends on what you’re looking for. I’ve actually always really liked the standard antique gold for any metal I wanted to look like gold.

http://carsen.dreamhosters.com/game/gw2/dye.htm this site has the codes you can put into chat and then right click to preview. So if you’re not sure if you’d rather use Butter or Illumination, it’s a good way to try before you buy, so you can see what you like on your armor.

Can’t wait to try that out. Thanks!