Dyes matching a Machined Weapon inspired look

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: StefanKa.7315

StefanKa.7315

Q:

I’ve been wanting to create a kitten charr warrior (I know, very original) with machined weapons for some time now…but when they released the Black Citadel backpack I knew the time was now. So…any of you found any dye that match the metal colour on the Machined Weapons? Feel free to share your armor combos as well :p

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Iron, gunmetal, etc. All the grey/black metallic dyes.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Dyes appear as different colours depending on the material it is used on… so what I’m trying to say is that it might not be as easy a solution as just stating some dye colours.

I recommend this site: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search

What you can do is take a screen shot of a machine weapon or that backpack, use a simple editing software like paint to choose the colour you want to represent from that weapon (by picking it with the “dropper” tool) and then finding the hex code of that colour. You can then type it into one of the search fields on the site that I linked above and it will give you a list of the closest approximations to the colour you’re looking for, ordered by percentage likeness.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

Otherwise, give me the names of the armour pieces you’re wearing for your char and I can jump on mine to have a play with colour palettes. I only have a female charr warrior though, but they should dye the same considering there are very few gender differences across armours.

Posted by: StefanKa.7315

StefanKa.7315

Dyes appear as different colours depending on the material it is used on… so what I’m trying to say is that it might not be as easy a solution as just stating some dye colours.

I recommend this site: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search

What you can do is take a screen shot of a machine weapon or that backpack, use a simple editing software like paint to choose the colour you want to represent from that weapon (by picking it with the “dropper” tool) and then finding the hex code of that colour. You can then type it into one of the search fields on the site that I linked above and it will give you a list of the closest approximations to the colour you’re looking for, ordered by percentage likeness.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

Otherwise, give me the names of the armour pieces you’re wearing for your char and I can jump on mine to have a play with colour palettes. I only have a female charr warrior though, but they should dye the same considering there are very few gender differences across armours.

I’ve pasted a few colors, picked from differend places on the weapon and all I get is ‘No Results Found’ :s The ones I picked are:
#484b54
#25221d

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have very good color vision (as tested by eye doctors and by my ability to see differences in shades indistinguishable to my husband) so I don’t do a lot of scientific comparisons. I just apply the dyes in the hero panel until they look like a good match to what I’m seeking.

So to me the easiest way for you to do this is to open your dye panel, show locked dyes if you don’t have them all yet, sort by hue, and start applying dyes whether or not you own them until they look about right. Finalize that and run around in various lighting conditions to see if they mirror the weapon’s hue changes. Fiddle more until you have it the way you want it.

Dyes change so dramatically based on armor material and ambient lighting that you’ll really have to experiment under your conditions. Even then people with different graphics settings might not see it the way you do, not that that matters much

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’ve pasted a few colors, picked from differend places on the weapon and all I get is ‘No Results Found’ :s The ones I picked are:
#484b54
#25221d

It works fine for me- perhaps you’re pasting in the wrong box? I’ve attached a screenshot below- make sure you’re searching in one of the “cloth/leather/metal texture” search boxes, not the “color name” search box. (Shown by the red ring)

You can then order the search results by percentage by clicking the arrows on whatever material you want to look for in particular. (Shown by the green ring)

So yeah, your first colour you picked has a best result 99.4% match on the dye “Murky Grey”

Attachments: